RC Groups

RC Groups
    R/C Blogs
        Cool Traxxas Slash Ford Raptor F-150 SVT

#1 North_of_49 Nov 13, 2012 02:13 PM

Traxxas Slash Ford Raptor F-150 SVT

6 Attachment(s)
Bought this recently for my nieces to use so I have someone to run my Losi Short Course Buggy with ;)

Added headlights and tail lights/brake lights with DIY lenses. Will soon be getting a brushless system, bed roll cage and an alternate Raptor body probably painted and stickered "girly" for the girls. Am currently trying various tires on it for winter use... Proline Badlands, Trenchers, Slingshots, Mohawks etc. on Proline beadlock wheels for easy tire swap-outs.

Attachment 5301561Attachment 5301562Attachment 5301563Attachment 5301564
Attachment 5301573

real Ford Raptor Prerunner

Attachment 5301587

#2 Jeremy Kamutzki Nov 16, 2012 08:08 PM

looks good! I really like the look of the raptor body.

#3 North_of_49 Nov 17, 2012 04:45 AM

Yeah I specifically went for the Raptor... didn't even plan on buying another car/truck any time soon but got an email notification from my LHS that they were on sale so bought it on a whim for the girls to use... guess who's been using it the most though ;)

Like I mentioned, I wanted to get another second Raptor body and looked at all the ones available... there was something I didn't like about each one and kept coming back to the stock Traxxas one... which I ordered and just received... will be getting painted soon... Pactra Racing bright yellow (which is actually a deep darker yellow)... it'll look like the yellow prerunner in the photo I posted. I also ordered a Losi Desert Truck bed roll cage for it to complete the prerunner look of the Traxxas body ;)

... oh, and the faux plastic spare tires for the HPI Coyote :)