RC Groups

RC Groups
    Radios
        Discussion AR600 not working after servo hotplug

#1 Grawp Nov 13, 2012 05:51 AM

AR600 not working after servo hotplug

I have a problem with my Spektrum AR600 receiver. It ceased to work after (at least I think) I connected a servo while the receiver was on.

Now the orange led wont lit, nor it will flash when I turn on the receiver with a bind plug connected. Moreover the red hold led blink once during power-up.

Have anyone encountered similar problem? Btw. the servo is OK, I also checked the power supply .. stable 5V.

#2 Daedalus66 Nov 13, 2012 06:29 AM

Plugging in a servo while the receiver is powered up should not cause a problem unless the servo is faulty (which you say is not the case).

I would go back to basics, make sure your power supply (4.8 volt battery or ESC) is working properly and plugged in the right way round (the most common mistake). Also check that the bind plug is not defective (try another or check continuity).

If applying power with the bind plug in place does not produce rapid flashing of the orange light, the receiver is not functioning properly and should go back to Horizon Hobby service. No point in any further testing.

#3 Grawp Nov 13, 2012 06:19 PM

I've tested the power supply and bind plug on a new AR6210 that I just bought. So my AR600 is dead.
Anyway I'd like to know why it broke in the first place.

#4 freechip Nov 13, 2012 06:52 PM

Send it to HH for service/inspection and ask that you be notified of what was/is the problem.

Not much we can do here on the other side of the screen.
I've connected and disconnected servos from a powered setup numerous time and never had any problems personaly.

#5 Daedalus66 Nov 13, 2012 07:02 PM

Just send to Horizon. Good chance they'll replace it, no questions asked.