RC Groups

RC Groups
    Electric Heli Talk
        Discussion tail rotor assy is twisting on the boom

#1 karlik Nov 12, 2012 07:59 AM

tail rotor assy is twisting on the boom

450 se - Sat I hit mode 1 and the tail rotor assy twisted about 10 or 15 ccw on the boom. The screw is as tight as I can get it, but the thing still twists at normal rpm (and I stay around 2700).
My only thought is to wrap a piece of tape around the boom to increase diameter and add some friction? Any other ideas or what kind of tape might work best? I'm kind of thinking some trim tape I have for my fixed wing stuff has the best adhesive on it.

#2 phoenixheli Nov 12, 2012 06:13 PM

Another option maybe to drill a hole, either on one side or through the whole way and install a bolt. Just make sure the bolt doesn't interfere with any other components such as the belt or gears. Usually simple tape will solve the problem without having to do any drilling. I've used scotch tape on the tails, never had a problem.

#3 finguz Nov 12, 2012 09:25 PM

Try, with a blade, scoring lines on the boom and the inside of the boom mount or tail box. Make the scores parallel with the boom itself to have it grip instead of being able to spin. In the boom frame mount I use tape as well.