RC Groups

RC Groups
    Chit Chat
        Discussion rc toys to use in snow?

#1 vmmattil Nov 11, 2012 02:16 PM

rc toys to use in snow?

Hey,

what options are there for cars/trucks/snowmobiles etc to use in the winter in snowy conditions? Anything out there for around $100?

br,
Marcus

#2 SF Sloper Nov 17, 2012 12:04 AM

http://www.amazon.com/Interactive-To.../dp/B0017RWH1A

Interactive Toy Concepts 17'' Skidoo RC Snowmobile from Amazon.com ;)

#3 Kyler1 Nov 18, 2012 05:01 PM

I had one of those snowmobiles, it was total junk. It would barely go through an inch of snow. I would like it if they would make a brushless one or even better a nitro.

#4 helen2 Nov 28, 2012 12:13 AM

I have one RC helicopter which can be flown in winter and in snow.The Carbon RC helicopter is an ideal entry level 4Ch, single blade helicopter. Search More

#5 kenh3497 Nov 29, 2012 07:53 PM

I know there are RC sleds that will handle about any snow conditions.... They aren't really "toys" though.

#6 charles nitrotek Jan 20, 2013 11:59 PM

It really depends on how much snow you are talking. The main thing is waterproofing your electronics first. Doesn't matter if you have paddle tires, etc. if you smoke the electronics on the first run.

After that, really consider your cleaning plans. You don't want to just run it in the snow and let it drip dry. Guys I know who do the snow running usually blow everything out with an air compressor thoroughly at a minimum.

One thing you could look into, and I saw it on ebay once was a conversion that put skis up front on the vehicle, and you used paddle tires in the rear.Nitrotek

#7 jkettu Jan 22, 2013 01:14 PM

RC Powerboat driving on SNOW: HPR06 of Manuel (3 min 50 sec)

#8 unclecrash Jan 26, 2013 06:41 AM

I used to have a scratch built airboat that was fun to run on the snow. If you do one make it electric, nitro is not fun to play with in the cold.

#9 JoshMaxAmps Jan 28, 2013 01:33 PM

I don't know if you are going to find a solid snow trekking setup for under $100 dollars. With Water proofed products and either 4X4 or sleds on 2WD you are likely going to be over that price. Here in Washington I recommend the Traxxas Slash. With a waterproofed Servo you are good to go. And it can traverse most conditions. I recommend a body shroud. Keeps stuff dry.

#10 kenh3497 Jan 30, 2013 12:32 PM

What ever you run in the snow, let it set outside for a bit to get cold before you run it. Do keep your battery's warm though. That will help minimize the melting snow/water on you rig.

#11 Andy789 Mar 20, 2013 05:55 AM

It depends how deep the snow is you want to run on.My car isnt water proof so i try too stay out of the deep stuffSome RC car/truck have waterproof or water resistant SERVO AND RX, but running youre rc in snow is like running it in water and will need a very good cleaning to remove salt or sand and make sure you dry it verywell and reoil the bearings with bearing oil to avoid metal parts from rusting.

Regards.
Andy.