RC Groups

RC Groups
    Racing Boats - Electric
        Discussion Hitec 2.4 ghz

#1 Joe Friars Nov 10, 2012 09:57 PM

Hitec 2.4 ghz

Has anyone here used the Hitec 2.4 ghz for their boats? I am looking to convert to convert my current Hitecs to 2.4 ghz, and am wondering how well they work.
I am looking for the most economical route, but I understand cheap is not good if you loose a boat.
Thank you.

#2 bill34207 Nov 11, 2012 05:21 AM

I don't have a Hitec 2.4 but I do own 3 Tactic 2.4's which are of the inexpensive variety. They have been serving me very well. http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXWRP3&P=ML

#3 Damian Couzoff Nov 14, 2012 02:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe Friars (Post 23237735)
Has anyone here used the Hitec 2.4 ghz for their boats? I am looking to convert to convert my current Hitecs to 2.4 ghz, and am wondering how well they work.
I am looking for the most economical route, but I understand cheap is not good if you loose a boat.
Thank you.

I use hitec 2.4ghz/optima 7 channel receivers in two of my boats,with the optic 6-2.4ghz transmitter.Both receivers have performed flawlessly:)

#4 coriolan Nov 19, 2012 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe Friars (Post 23237735)
Thank you.

If it is the module based Agressor CRX/SRX you can just pop in a Futaba/Hitec compatible module, same thing with the Eclipse-7. FrSky is a real good 2.4 Ghz system which offer telemetry and longer antenna for better installation in boats. The Hitec 2.4 Ghz system for surface is not compatible with the air system.