RC Groups

RC Groups
    Chit Chat
        Discussion Flyline racers

#1 62pilot Nov 09, 2012 10:56 PM

Flyline racers

1 Attachment(s)
Anyone get one of these yet ? Bought one tonight. Looks solid and has plenty of power. 2.4 radio. Should be quite the ripper indoors. I'll let you all know how it performs.

#2 62pilot Nov 14, 2012 02:43 PM

One tight little bird. Flies fast or slow, you do have to tie the three gide lines ( short, shorter and even shorter) to get a decent flight path. 150 mah lipo gives good flight times with a second lipo on back up. Three props give you a wide speed range and snap on and off with ease. Electronics are of good quality with a linear servo on elevator.

Mine flew at half throttle and no elev trim needed. Thou up elev can produce loops at full throttle, instructions says inverted is possible but yet to attempt. The foam airframe seem durable enough , but the paint chips easy.

Chop power and she will settle in on the mains with no other imputs.
I gave my two yo granddaughter the tx and instructed her to hold full throttle, she went wild and kept saying " I Fly" about the entire flight.

This will be a great way to get young kids started in RC and boost confidence with basic flight control.

#3 Russ The Flyer Nov 17, 2012 01:21 AM

Flyline

Yup I bought one today. Haven't flown it yet. Just finished putting it together. Now I need to purchase the other flight pack so I'll have two planes. Who knows? Might be able to start something here.

Russ

#4 62pilot Nov 18, 2012 01:09 PM

My five year old granddaughter was able to fly an entire battery, she has learned to be easy with the elevator. She had a ball.

#5 aeronca52 Nov 26, 2012 09:56 PM

you do have to tie the three gide lines ( short, shorter and even shorter) to get a decent flight path.

What do you mean by this? It's r/c right, not u-control? BTW how mucho are these?

#6 62pilot Nov 30, 2012 09:29 PM

No, these are tethered RC. Elevator control by RC only. They cost eighty bucks. Best flown in a gym or outdoors on a calm day. I just cut some kite string to the length I wanted. Pushing the right stick down into the tx will go into high rates, speed is blistering.

#7 Russ The Flyer Dec 01, 2012 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 62pilot (Post 23408759)
No, these are tethered RC. Elevator control by RC only. They cost eighty bucks. Best flown in a gym or outdoors on a calm day. I just cut some kite string to the length I wanted. Pushing the right stick down into the tx will go into high rates, speed is blistering.

Hey Mate. Have you ever been able to loop your plane? Even on high rates neither of mine will. They'll do nifty wing overs but no loops.

Russ

#8 62pilot Dec 02, 2012 10:38 AM

NO I havn't . If you get to high up they want to cut inside the circle and then you loose tension on the string.

#9 Russ The Flyer Dec 02, 2012 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russ The Flyer (Post 23416659)
Hey Mate. Have you ever been able to loop your plane? Even on high rates neither of mine will. They'll do nifty wing overs but no loops.

Russ

That can only mean one thing. They're too heavy for the weight to flight ratio.

Flyline guys. Are you watching this info. I still say you need some beta testing done on them. I'll do what I can to help with it.

Russ

#10 62pilot Dec 02, 2012 07:45 PM

On high rates, mine has more than enough power to loop. Just haven't done it yet. My granddaughter won't let me have the sticks back, haha.

#11 Russ The Flyer Dec 03, 2012 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 62pilot (Post 23424240)
On high rates, mine has more than enough power to loop. Just haven't done it yet. My granddaughter won't let me have the sticks back, haha.

Grand daughters are neat. I'm waiting for one to appear now. I just have to cattle prod someone. :grin: I'd love to see a video of her flying.

If you do get it to loop then make a video of it. Because mine wouldn't do it. On a flat level and WOT the fly around fast. But when you give it the up you need to go into a loop it just drags its butt around and goes into a sagging wing over. If you apply a little up then it just goes into a fairly nifty wing over. Lemme know how yours goes.

Russ

#12 62pilot Dec 05, 2012 07:03 PM

OK, Had to re-glue the motor mount in, going with a 20 ft line, I'll see what I can do.

#13 Russ The Flyer Dec 05, 2012 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 62pilot (Post 23451779)
OK, Had to re-glue the motor mount in, going with a 20 ft line, I'll see what I can do.

That's going to be a bit much in line length. Plane just doesn't have the power for that long a line. I may be wrong but mine will hardly do a wing over with a 9 foot line without sagging in the middle of it. But, surprise me. :) Meantime I'm gonna see what I can do about that COG and then I'll pass it onto y'all.

Russ

#14 54autopilot Dec 06, 2012 04:31 PM

great flying plane.

#15 bfaulguy Dec 28, 2012 05:39 PM

They look neat, but kinda hard to stomach when you figure for $9 more, you can buy a Hobbyzone Champ with rudder and flys untethered, full 3 channel proportional...
http://www.horizonhobby.com/products/champ-rtf-HBZ4900