RC Groups

RC Groups
    Large EDF Jets
        Discussion Blast from the past!

#1 bruff Nov 09, 2012 12:59 PM

Blast from the past!
 
3 Attachment(s)
Acquired a used Philp Avonds/Aeroloft F-15 was flown glow. Ramtec/KB 100. The previous owner cleaned it up to install a turbine (cleaned all the glow fuel residue). I installed an XPS Dynamax Extreme Pro fan, Hacker/Jeti Spin 125 ESC and going with 12S 5000ma Haiyin 40C batteries. Batteries go either side of the thrust tube to get B/P CG. Going to fly a couple of times then get it a good prep and paint job. RTF weight is around 16 lbs.

#2 turbonut Nov 09, 2012 02:07 PM

oooo Nice

#3 Gamalier Nov 09, 2012 02:37 PM

Sweet buy Bob!

Good luck with the flights. I almost buy an Avonds Rafale from Philip but I ended up buying a Grumania 1:10 Eurofighter because it's final weight will fit the fan better (Stumax 110-52). Get us some video of the flights!! :D

#4 jefffassbinder Nov 09, 2012 03:04 PM

Nice F-15
 
Bob,

Please share your conversion process and how she flies. I would really like to see this big F-15 go. Well congrats on your new project it looks great.

#5 rcshirt Nov 09, 2012 03:49 PM

:popcorn: NICE

#6 bruff Nov 09, 2012 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jefffassbinder (Post 23227337)
Bob,

Please share your conversion process and how she flies. I would really like to see this big F-15 go. Well congrats on your new project it looks great.

Not much to convert other Dynamax for Ramtec and the batteries replace the fuel tanks. :p Hope to have at the Arizona Jet Rally next week. Per the instruction it should have RTF weight of 15 lbs. Kit is still available from AeroLoft designs.
Bob

#7 Gamalier Nov 09, 2012 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bruff (Post 23227825)
Not much to convert other Dynamax for Ramtec and the batteries replace the fuel tanks. :p Hope to have at the Arizona Jet Rally next week. Per the instruction it should have RTF weight of 15 lbs. Kit is still available from AeroLoft designs.
Bob

Bob,

Do they also have the other Avonds planes?

#8 erh7771 Nov 09, 2012 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bruff (Post 23226455)
Acquired a used Philp Avonds/Aeroloft F-15 was flown glow. Ramtec/KB 100. The previous owner cleaned it up to install a turbine (cleaned all the glow fuel residue). I installed an XPS Dynamax Extreme Pro fan, Hacker/Jeti Spin 125 ESC and going with 12S 5000ma Haiyin 40C batteries. Batteries go either side of the thrust tube to get B/P CG. Going to fly a couple of times then get it a good prep and paint job. RTF weight is around 16 lbs.

NICE!!!

How much do your wings weigh?

thx in advance

regards

#9 AIR SALLY Nov 09, 2012 05:08 PM

nice do you have the plans for this plane?

#10 Hossinarizona Nov 09, 2012 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bruff (Post 23227825)
Not much to convert other Dynamax for Ramtec and the batteries replace the fuel tanks. :p Hope to have at the Arizona Jet Rally next week. Per the instruction it should have RTF weight of 15 lbs. Kit is still available from AeroLoft designs.
Bob

Hey Bob,
Are you going to be there Friday, looking forward to seeing you.
Mike

#11 bruff Nov 09, 2012 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gamalier (Post 23227949)
Bob,

Do they also have the other Avonds planes?

The F-104, Rafel and F-15 They also have a T-2 Buckeye
Bob

#12 bruff Nov 09, 2012 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AIR SALLY (Post 23228218)
nice do you have the plans for this plane?

No I know a guy who has a kit.
Bob

#13 bri6672 Nov 10, 2012 08:27 AM

That thing will fly like a dream t that weight!!!! I had one last year but never finished it, I sold it when I had a chance to acquire a Yelllow F-15 ARF. The Aonds F-15 is very cool!

#14 stoneenforcer Nov 11, 2012 08:52 AM

very nice!!!

#15 Ron101 Nov 11, 2012 02:49 PM

Sweet man..... this should go really nice


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:33 PM.