RC Groups

RC Groups
    Electric Heli Talk
        Help! gyro

#1 smkr4real Nov 07, 2012 05:36 PM

gyro
 
When I get my 500 N tha air tha boom ticks clockwise like a second hand. Does nebody kno if I need to adjust my gyro settings or sumthn else I've already adjusted tha trim it doesnt make a diff

#2 finguz Nov 09, 2012 03:56 PM

You might need to raise your gyro gain if you haven't already done so. But the ticking sounds weird, it could be something not being smooth on your tail, maybe something is binding. The tail needs to feel totally free and smooth (the links and on the shaft), when you don't have it attached to the tail control rod. Alternately, maybe your gain is just a tad too high and is causing some subtle tail wag, making it hard for the tail to hold, maybe this is why it looks like ticking.

#3 smkr4real Nov 12, 2012 12:56 PM

Appreciate it yo. There's no sound its just movn like a sec hnd tcks .thnkx for da help .u been flyn a min. ?

#4 V999D02 Nov 12, 2012 01:07 PM

Check gears for missing or worn teeth.
What's a 500N?

#5 Dejavu*Xion Nov 12, 2012 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by V999D02 (Post 23249869)
Check gears for missing or worn teeth.
What's a 500N?

Its the younger generation that writes with text, rather then proper spelling. N = In, Tha = the, nebody = anybody Kno = Know, sumthn = something

God forbid they take the extra second to add another letter. lol

#6 V999D02 Nov 12, 2012 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dejavu*Xion (Post 23249914)
Its the younger generation that writes with text, rather then proper spelling. N = In, Tha = the, nebody = anybody Kno = Know, sumthn = something

God forbid they take the extra second to add another letter. lol

Lol...

I thought it was some sort of 500 size Nitro ship.

#7 finguz Nov 12, 2012 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by V999D02 (Post 23251277)
Lol...

I thought it was some sort of 500 size Nitro ship.

Me too :)

#8 finguz Nov 12, 2012 06:49 PM

Maybe your belt is worn, did it fly ok before and just started the ticking?

What gyro is it? And what's your gain value at?

Have you crashed it recently? Or changed anything on it?

It's either mechanical, your gyro (or setting), or servo. Do you have a spare servo?

#9 smkr4real Nov 14, 2012 11:03 AM

Thnkx ill chck tha gain. It was doin that b4 I crashed it a week ago .wen I did it was only 3 feet off tha ground .neway. I had to replace the rotor head. Wen I put it bck together tha pitch is really neg. I dnt kno y I put it bck togthr tha same way I took it apart. I looked at tha schematic nd its rite. U have ne idea .it sounds like smthn is upside dwn but everything looks rite by tha book

#10 finguz Nov 14, 2012 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smkr4real (Post 23266690)
Thnkx ill chck tha gain. It was doin that b4 I crashed it a week ago .wen I did it was only 3 feet off tha ground .neway. I had to replace the rotor head. Wen I put it bck together tha pitch is really neg. I dnt kno y I put it bck togthr tha same way I took it apart. I looked at tha schematic nd its rite. U have ne idea .it sounds like smthn is upside dwn but everything looks rite by tha book

Dude could you use whole words? :) Not trying to be mean or nothing but the shorthand is hard to follow sometimes. I'm not an english major, but are you texting? ;) Type how you want, it's just easier to read in plain language, it's cool though.

So the heli has always done this ticking? What heli, servo, & gyro do you run? Did you look at what your gain is yet? Are you running a cheaper 9g tail servo?

Too much negative... on your main rotors? Did you adjust the links? You said you rebuilt the head, if you replaced the links did you adjust them to proper length? Maybe your servos aren't level at 0 pitch anymore, maybe something happened to them... that should be more apparent looking and testing it in front of you.

I would start from scratch on my head/servo setup. Are you familiar with how to do this?

(How come I don't have a 500?:) )


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:09 AM.