RC Groups

RC Groups
    Foamies (Kits)
        Discussion Christmas 2012, Ideas!

#1 RCJamal Nov 03, 2012 11:39 AM

Christmas 2012, Ideas!

Hey guys! As you all know, Christmas is coming up next month, and some of us are getting our lists ready! No, I do not believe in Santa, I am the youngest in my family (16), but my mother still gives us present from "Santa". Yesterday my mother asked me to start making a list of what I want, and I know that I want some sort of Foam Jet Kit, but which one? That's where you guys come in!

What I am looking for is a EDF Foam Jet Kit, costing no more than $120 Canadian. Basically, I am looking for a fighter jet with electronics, I already have some electronics though, such as; LiPo 3s battery, ESC, 6 Chan Transmitter, and 6 9g micro servos! I am hoping to get one that is capable of going at decent speeds, and can maybe do rolls? I'm not RC expert, so I want one that isn't too challenging to fly. If any of you fellow RC fans have any suggestions, through me some feedback! Looking forward to see what you guys recommend! Thank you

#2 RCJamal Nov 03, 2012 06:34 PM

Or even a website that sells them could help

#3 RCJamal Nov 03, 2012 09:37 PM

I am thinking maybe this or this Anyone know which goes faster?

#4 chucksolo69 Nov 05, 2012 02:47 PM

What level of experience do you posess? Are you a beginner, intermediate? Have you flown RC planes before? If not, shelve the plan for a jet and start with a high wing trainer like a Hobbyzone Champ, Super Cub or Firebird Stratos. Getting an EDF Jet as your firs plane is just asking for a 5 second flight and taking the plane home in a trash bag. On the other hand, if you are a seasoned flier, then I would suggest a pusher type jet as your first, say an E-Flight Stryker. Flies fast like a jet, but can still fly slow if you need it to.

#5 RCJamal Nov 06, 2012 02:41 PM

I'd can probably fly any, I'm a fast learner and had lot's of practice/

#6 Azarr Nov 06, 2012 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RCJamal (Post 23172440)
Hey guys! As you all know, Christmas is coming up next month, and some of us are getting our lists ready! No, I do not believe in Santa, I am the youngest in my family (16)

:eek::eek:What's wrong with you, you'll get nothing but coal. Santa knows all. He brings me something every year and I'm a lot older than you. Maybe because I always leave him milk and cookies.

Azarr

#7 chucksolo69 Nov 06, 2012 04:05 PM

Practicing on a sim is not the same as flying a real RC plane. Do some research on these forums and they are full of newbies wanting to fly a jet as a first RC plane. Take my advice, you will most certainly have a really fast lesson into what it's like to destroy your first RC plane. Jets take a lot of experiece to get flying. Trust me, you ain't ready, no matter how fast a learner you are or how much sim time you have. Buy another type of plane and learn on that first. This is a common question that is constantly asked on these forums by newbies wanting a jet as a first plane. Your thread has been open 4 days now and I am the only one that has responded with a helpful answer.....................that has to tell you something. Most members here get weary of trying to dissuade a newbie from getting an EDF jet as their first plane. Silence speaks volumes.

#8 RCJamal Nov 06, 2012 05:05 PM

I've flown RC planes and helicopters before, I even flew real planes a couple of times, I am not a newbie. I bought planes before, and built my own also! I got a design that will be coming out soon, it's all built, but I think my battery and stuff is too heavy for a flying wing

#9 chucksolo69 Nov 07, 2012 09:06 AM

You sounded like a newbie so I responded as such. Well, if you can fly and land an RC plane with your eyes closed then have at it. There are just way too many to recommend just one.

#10 RCJamal Nov 07, 2012 06:57 PM

Alrighty

#11 MRGTX Nov 07, 2012 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RCJamal (Post 23199591)
I'd can probably fly any, I'm a fast learner and had lot's of practice/

This is what people say right before they crash. :D

Some people do pick up flying easily...you may be one of them. Still, if "Santa" brings you a cool plane, it might be a good idea to build it and admire it on the shelf while you run a few batteries through something easy.

Otherwise, you'll have a long wait for another "Santa" visit after you wad it up.

#12 MRGTX Nov 07, 2012 09:48 PM

Great first plane... Though definitely not a jet...
http://www.horizonhobby.com/products/champ-rtf-HBZ4900

#13 cmdl Nov 08, 2012 03:25 PM

this area may be helpful too: http://www.rcgroups.com/aircraft-electric-jets-375/

#14 RCJamal Nov 08, 2012 04:23 PM

Guys, I flew other planes.. anyone got ideas for jets?

#15 MRGTX Nov 08, 2012 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RCJamal (Post 23219089)
Guys, I flew other planes.. anyone got ideas for jets?

:rolleyes: