RC Groups

RC Groups
    Atlanta Area RC
        Discussion Congrats to Kevin and Mark!

#1 Matt Gunn Nov 01, 2012 08:20 PM

Congrats to Kevin and Mark!

1 Attachment(s)
Just wanted to say thanks to Kevin Hines and Mark Murdock. Their work, along with many others, helped educate the AMA on FPV and today the new guidelines were released with some relaxed rules. Way to go guys!

http://www.modelaircraft.org/files/R...OCT-8-2012.pdf

And look who it is on the cover of the above pdf!! :cool:

#2 electrich Nov 01, 2012 08:38 PM

Way to go!

#3 HaventFlownSince2014 Nov 01, 2012 09:47 PM

Kudos Fellas! I look forward to reading up on all the new guidelines.

#4 HaventFlownSince2014 Nov 01, 2012 10:31 PM

@Marko~ Your documents were the first I have read that referenced fencing. That is a pretty cool feature, could you tell me where I might learn more about it and who offers this technology?

This is a huge step forward for FPV Acceptance (I just made that up:)), having the AMA's support. Altitude restrictions limited to 3 miles of an airport, lower weight and speed limits are not required for model aircraft using failsafe and/or stabilization systems, and NO buddy-box! Thanks for all the efforts!

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1762720

#5 SuperFPVflyer Nov 01, 2012 11:22 PM

Congrats/thanks to Mark and Kevin!
If only the AMA had made listen and made some major improvements, maybe I don't speak English well enough ;), but it all just looks like the same crap to me, and Bradley, you need a buddy box.
I am not going to renew my ama membership. :D

ps: Let's hang out soon brad.

#6 HaventFlownSince2014 Nov 01, 2012 11:44 PM

Long overdue Ludo, Ill holla at you tomorrow

#7 pecanpatch Nov 02, 2012 03:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperFPVflyer (Post 23161437)
Congrats/thanks to Mark and Kevin!
If only the AMA had made listen and made some major improvements, maybe I don't speak English well enough ;), but it all just looks like the same crap to me, and Bradley, you need a buddy box.
I am not going to renew my ama membership. :D

Per the PDF
FAQ #6 You don't have to use a buddy box.

It says earlier in PDF -Pilots must use a Buddy Box to learn how to FPV.
After that, no buddy box :D

#8 pecanpatch Nov 02, 2012 03:35 AM

Thanks for all the kind words.
They came up with this on their own guys.
They did however base it on the experiences Kevin and I gave them.
It's been a good year for FPV I think. Its really growing and definitively not going away.
Even at HHAEFFI the FPV activity was 7 or 8 times more than last year. I had a guy tell me he was one of the biggest FPV haters in the world till I gave him that ride and now he "Gets it".

Thanks to All you guys who have helped and inspired me with FPV. I intend to help as many as I can in return. :popcorn:

#9 Eddie James Nov 03, 2012 09:28 PM

Great work Kevin!