RC Groups

RC Groups
    R/C Blogs
        Discussion Big Yak attack!!!

#1 SkyCadet Oct 31, 2012 03:51 PM

Big Yak attack!!!

2 Attachment(s)
:D

Well, not THAT big... Just pulled pins and ordered a Yak-55M model from Hobby King. pics from their site below. This sport/3D plane is supposedly one of their best for build quality and flying characteristics (many have said its a dandy F3A machine) in its size class...

We'll see. I LOVE the color scheme, and wish more of their similarly sized and priced models had this type of very zippy color pattern :cool:.

Pix below... I'll begin the build log as soon as the goodies arrive! At $63 it's a steal! <I hope> Wingspan is 44.4", and overall AUW is around 930g (~2lb.).
I am planning on using a MAS 3-blade on her, with a 500W class motor. It should go VERY nicely on 3S (2200s). Also, first time using digital MG servos, and I also will be putting in a i86 3-axis stabizing system on this to test out for sport Aerobatics.

That i86 is currently on backorder, so I grabbed everything else I needed. If I borrow my AR500 out of my Lancair for now, I am at around $160 all built, maybe a bit less. Not too bad if its a mean 3D machine!!! Stay tuned!

SkyCadet