RC Groups

RC Groups
    Hot Online Deals
        Discussion Spectrum Module for JR and now Futaba! OrangeRX DSM2/DSMX module for $30

#1 Koo Oct 30, 2012 11:07 AM

Spectrum Module for JR and now Futaba! OrangeRX DSM2/DSMX module for $30
 
HK just released this product today and I have been waiting something like this for awhile now. I have turnigy 9x that I use both with the stock module and with FrSky. HK sells the spectrum receiver clones for dirt cheap and I always wanted to use them on my 9x but of course it wasn't possible. Well, now it is and this thing looks very promising.
JR module

The futaba module

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...alog/24656.jpg

#2 Doubletap Oct 30, 2012 05:28 PM

Yep, saw it this morning on the HK site,that's awesome news:D, all we need now is the Futaba/Hitec version:cool:, which is being made by the manufacturer, it's just that Hobby King has yet to offer it.

#3 shahram72 Oct 30, 2012 09:41 PM

There was a buddy code to get it for $16 but it's off now. I would have got it for that for the 9x I am planning to mod. Don't need it I guess.

#4 Chubbs Oct 30, 2012 10:18 PM

Does anyone know if this would be compatible with the older 72mhz JR module systems? It seems like it should work (as it's still a JR module based 5 pin system), but then I've read that a turnigy 9x module will not work on a 72mhz system without mods... so it would follow that if this orange module works with the 9x, it will not work with 72mhz stuff.

Anyone know? I love the thought of $5.99 receivers for my cheapy parkfliers!

#5 Fentonflyers Oct 30, 2012 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chubbs (Post 23143851)
Does anyone know if this would be compatible with the older 72mhz JR module systems? It seems like it should work (as it's still a JR module based 5 pin system), but then I've read that a turnigy 9x module will not work on a 72mhz system without mods... so it would follow that if this orange module works with the 9x, it will not work with 72mhz stuff.

Anyone know? I love the thought of $5.99 receivers for my cheapy parkfliers!

From the description:

Features:
Standard JR compatible 5-pin connection (works with any JR compatible module-based transmitter)

#6 shelterock Nov 05, 2012 08:00 PM

It seems this is finally a chance to buy the as3x planes from horizon and the mcpx with a good 6 ch radio for cheap. I don't trust the dsm2 choice for $5.99 receivers but the dsmx is worth it. Horizon has a great carbon cub micro and the small mcpx heli and quad that have integrated rx and servo ESC combos.
H

#7 Beancounter Nov 06, 2012 01:57 AM

Is this really DSMX module? or just compatible since dsmx RX will work with DSM2 tx

#8 Koo Nov 06, 2012 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beancounter (Post 23195250)
Is this really DSMX module? or just compatible since dsmx RX will work with DSM2 tx

It offers 4 modes according to the HK website two of which are DSMX 22ms, DSMX 11ms. You can switch between the 4 modes so I'm pretty sure it will work with DSMX. I mean HK has had its share of false advertisement lately so I wouldn't be 100% sure if this is true or not.

#9 danzbox Nov 09, 2012 09:43 AM

Can it be converted to a PPM DIY Kit
 
Hi Guys,
can this module be modified to a DIY-Hack to work with internal PPM signals such as JR/Grauper systems have, e.g. MX16S, MX12,...
What input does the module need?

There are some "Trainer-Port" DIY-Kits out there including using the TX module of an DX4/5/6 and an ardunio or the ASSAN or FR-Sky module, but I havn't seen one for DSM2 or DSMX.
I also read that the original Spektrum Kit for MC22 (SPMMS20401) works for conversion. This would be a really cheap alternative removing the neccessity to buy used DX4/5/6...

#10 3d astronaut Nov 09, 2012 03:50 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Got mine today and they work fantastic :p

#11 danzbox Nov 13, 2012 08:04 AM

Module is on stock again. Still nobody has expierence if this module can be used as a DIY module without casing in JR/Graupner transmitters (MX-16S, MX-12,...)?

#12 3d astronaut Nov 13, 2012 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danzbox (Post 23256581)
Module is on stock again. Still nobody has expierence if this module can be used as a DIY module without casing in JR/Graupner transmitters (MX-16S, MX-12,...)?

I wouldnt think anyone does yet. Its literally brand new. Heck I bought my 3 the day they were released and paid for ems and I just got them last week. Give it a few weeks and see where it goes.

#13 JoeR Nov 13, 2012 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doubletap (Post 23141545)
Yep, saw it this morning on the HK site,that's awesome news:D, all we need now is the Futaba/Hitec version:cool:, which is being made by the manufacturer, it's just that Hobby King has yet to offer it.


A little late but, Does anyone sell this yet? Who are the other vendors selling the Orange products? US based?

#14 RealGambler Nov 13, 2012 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeR (Post 23258510)
A little late but, Does anyone sell this yet? Who are the other vendors selling the Orange products? US based?

You're only chance is probably Ebay, because some scammers buy lots of units (depleting stock status completly) when they think they can make a profit out of them, and then sell them on Ebay for 3 times the price. Best example is the Turnigy transmitter. It's almost always out of stock at Hobby King, but always selling on Ebay for way more than it cost. I'm amazed that some people buy those units though.

#15 radio freak Nov 13, 2012 01:01 PM

Units are now back in stock in the International warehouse. Does anyone have any links to possible reviews? I'm thinking of buying one but not sure if it works the way they say it does ;)


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:11 AM.