RC Groups

RC Groups
    Life, The Universe, and Politics
        Discussion Why Obama is even doing as well as he is ....

#1 Boogie_ Oct 29, 2012 06:51 AM

Why Obama is even doing as well as he is ....

...in this election. And how he got elected in the first place:

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video

#2 Pipemajor Oct 29, 2012 07:26 AM

You might try looking at the candidates your side nominates.

#3 Pipemajor Oct 29, 2012 07:32 AM

Romney/Ryan won't carry their own home states of Michigan/Massachusetts or Wisconsin.

#4 Sherlock Oct 29, 2012 10:09 AM

Look for the usual "he was not a true conservative" excuses if he looses. They will also double down on the crazy instead of looking inward as usual.

#5 AustinTatious Oct 29, 2012 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sherlock (Post 23129099)
Look for the usual "he was not a true conservative" excuses if he looses. They will also double down on the crazy instead of looking inward as usual.

I'll do you one better and say just that NOW.

Romney ISN'T a true conservative, at least in the fiscal/constitutional sense.... he does however hold true in the nutty religious department.

#6 ENGINETORQUE Oct 29, 2012 10:26 AM

The nutty religious moonbatty warmongering dept

#7 wekenav8r Oct 29, 2012 10:56 AM

hmmm. Coming from someone that is attracted to sheep?

#8 ENGINETORQUE Oct 29, 2012 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wekenav8r (Post 23129501)
hmmm. Coming from someone that is attracted to sheep?

Who says I'm attracted to sheep ? :)

#9 Indiana_Geoff Oct 29, 2012 11:32 AM

We know that Romney is not a deep conservative. No new news there.

#10 ENGINETORQUE Oct 29, 2012 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Indiana_Geoff (Post 23129789)
We know that Romney is not a deep conservative. No new news there.

That is one of his finer attributes I guess

#11 Mr. Wiz Oct 29, 2012 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ENGINETORQUE (Post 23129853)
That is one of his finer attributes I guess

Really... Why is that? In times of financial strife I have a hard time understanding people being against fiscal conservationism. How are we suppose to get our finances back on track if we continue to spend like there is no tomorrow... Oh wait a minute... I think I understand... To many in this country, there IS no tomorrow. Or, they think if they don't think about tomorrow and it's potential problems, it all goes away.

Helping the less fortunate and sharing the load and all that wonderful stuff are great when you can afford them. Does it make sense to borrow a dollar to feed a less fortunate person when you can't afford to borrow the dollar in the first place? Does it make sense to hold a gun to the head of someone else and force them to pay the dollar you can't afford?

ET, you seem to disregard our internal needs when you argue for who you think we should elect. Of course, I would expect no less. What do you care if our country gets it's economics back in order... as long as you're fears about our international policies are soothed then that's your idea of our best choice. Unfortunately, that's not the way a lot of people see it over here. We want our interests at home to come first and your interests can follow. Makes sense, doesn't it? Would you feel any different if the tables were turned?

#12 Pipemajor Oct 29, 2012 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Wiz (Post 23131616)
Really... Why is that? In times of financial strife I have a hard time understanding people being against fiscal conservationism. How are we suppose to get our finances back on track if we continue to spend like there is no tomorrow...

It's not so much the fiscal conservatism which has me up-in-arms - it's the scorched-earth social conservatism.

We have:
War on workers rights
War on voting rights
War on environment
War on "all-the-above" energy policy
War on women as equals
War on minorities as humans
War on science as common sense

Our entire eastern seaboard is being pummeled by one of the worst storms in modern history yet, the climate-change deniers claim, "of course it's natural, no need to change any of our habits."

:(

#13 Mr. Wiz Oct 29, 2012 03:22 PM

I don't believe conservatives have a war on all those things. That's hyperbole designed to drive people in one direction. That's the problem with politics these days... Maybe it always was. The partisans have gotten so good at it that they now have come to believe their own hyperbole. It's a stupid situation. A little more honesty in this process is badly needed. I wonder what it's going to take to get that?

#14 madsci_guy Oct 29, 2012 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pipemajor (Post 23131683)
War on science as common sense

Science isn't common sense. If it were, no one would have to teach it.

Here's Obama's war on Math.

Quote:

Originally Posted by LcJ (Post 23131835)
Did anybody hear Obama say to one of the late night host that he had trouble with 7th grade math? If you missed it here it is.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/vid...7th_grade.html

I have no trouble believing that he isn't the only one in power that has no concept of why we are in the problem we are.

#15 LcJ Oct 29, 2012 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Wiz (Post 23131616)
Really... Why is that? In times of financial strife I have a hard time understanding people being against fiscal conservationism. How are we suppose to get our finances back on track if we continue to spend like there is no tomorrow... Oh wait a minute... I think I understand... To many in this country, there IS no tomorrow. Or, they think if they don't think about tomorrow and it's potential problems, it all goes away.

Helping the less fortunate and sharing the load and all that wonderful stuff are great when you can afford them. Does it make sense to borrow a dollar to feed a less fortunate person when you can't afford to borrow the dollar in the first place? Does it make sense to hold a gun to the head of someone else and force them to pay the dollar you can't afford?

ET, you seem to disregard our internal needs when you argue for who you think we should elect. Of course, I would expect no less. What do you care if our country gets it's economics back in order... as long as you're fears about our international policies are soothed then that's your idea of our best choice. Unfortunately, that's not the way a lot of people see it over here. We want our interests at home to come first and your interests can follow. Makes sense, doesn't it? Would you feel any different if the tables were turned?

Excellent post. You must be sure the mules that pull the wagon are well fed first.