RC Groups

RC Groups
    Coaxial Helicopters
        New Product SYMA S33g

#1 dwtriac23 Oct 22, 2012 04:59 PM

SYMA S33g
 
I have a Syma S033G and like it alot cause it flies very smooth has good control and is built strong compaired to some other brands. I had to do some mods to get better range and faster foward speed but still have issues with it sometimes loosing signal even at close range. Syma (symatoys.com) has a new version of the S033G that is 2.4Ghz. the "S33G". I am hoping that the 2.4g will resolve the signal loss issues. Xheli now carries this bird but it is called the "S33". I just ordered one and will keep you posted. I expect I will have to do some of the same mods I did on the S033G for better foward speed.
My bad...it is "S33" not "S33G"

#2 xtian3188 Oct 22, 2012 06:23 PM

looking forward for it.

#3 drambuidhe Oct 23, 2012 08:35 AM

Hi, just back from an hours s033g flying and had the usual fun with the camera onboard. However, I had two complete signal drops ,one at least from 50' up .As usual it survived intact(amazingly) I too have carried out all the mods to help this but just occasionally she goes! I've ordered a pcb and transmitter from a DH 9118 on 2.4 and hope this cures it because I love this chopper apart from this problem. Not too keen on the look of the new one so hope the mod works and has the same long range:)

#4 dwtriac23 Oct 23, 2012 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drambuidhe (Post 23077697)
Hi, just back from an hours s033g flying and had the usual fun with the camera onboard. However, I had two complete signal drops ,one at least from 50' up .As usual it survived intact(amazingly) I too have carried out all the mods to help this but just occasionally she goes! I've ordered a pcb and transmitter from a DH 9118 on 2.4 and hope this cures it because I love this chopper apart from this problem. Not too keen on the look of the new one so hope the mod works and has the same long range:)

Thats a good idea, let me know how it works.

#5 drambuidhe Oct 23, 2012 03:34 PM

sinking feeling!
 
Hi,yes I'll keep you posted although the parts are coming from China and not expected until early nov.Just hoping its still in one piece by then!! I'm ordering inflatable floats for it tomorrow since I 'm surrounded by water here. Thoughts are if I crash into water at least It won't sink! An s031 of mine (which does'nt cope with wind) blew out to sea with a keyfob camera on it! I tried to tack it back up wind , managed to hit a moored yachts mast and then sank!.I spent 40mins snorkelling in freezing coloured water and flukily found it. After a thorough bath in fresh water and a hairdrier job guess what! Its worked perfectly ever since. It took a lot of coaxing to get the totally flat battery to take a charge but its fine now and always well balanced. Didn't get the camera back though-shame!

#6 drambuidhe Oct 23, 2012 03:38 PM

Forgot my main question! what size heli is the s033g considered to be? ie- 300,450,500 or what. They have asked reg the floats, thankyou:o

#7 xtian3188 Oct 23, 2012 06:40 PM

i think it is larger than 450 but smaller than 500. or in between.

#8 Nelatonin Oct 24, 2012 05:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dwtriac23 (Post 23072445)
I had to do some mods to get better range and faster foward speed but still have issues with it sometimes loosing signal even at close range. .......... I expect I will have to do some of the same mods I did on the S033G for better foward speed.

What are the mods you did to the tail rotor? I'm getting the same problem; no forward speed. :(

#9 dwtriac23 Oct 24, 2012 04:20 PM

For the outdoor foward speed and wind issues I removed the tail boom support arms and added an equal amount of weight to the nose of the helicopter. That improved the forward flight speed a little. I also replaced the tail rotor with one from the Double Horse 9101. It fits perfectly but I had to cut and reverse the wires going to the tail motor because the prop is angled opposite. That mod greatly improved the heli’s forward speed!

#10 dwtriac23 Oct 24, 2012 04:28 PM

I flew my S033G again today and had multiple signal drops. I am getting really tired of this problem. I hope the S33 does not have the same problem. I have heard of many people having this same problem. The company must be getting complaints about it but don't seem to be doing anything about it. I wrote to Syma and to a couple of companies that sell these heli's but they just keep selling them without any regard for the consumer.

#11 dwtriac23 Oct 24, 2012 08:47 PM

where do you get inflatable floats? that sounds cool

#12 drambuidhe Oct 25, 2012 05:12 PM

s033g on water
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dwtriac23 (Post 23092924)
where do you get inflatable floats? that sounds cool

when I phoned helimax they said their floats would be too big for the s033g so its a case of somehow making my own.Will keep you posted:)

#13 drambuidhe Oct 25, 2012 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dwtriac23 (Post 23090791)
I flew my S033G again today and had multiple signal drops. I am getting really tired of this problem. I hope the S33 does not have the same problem. I have heard of many people having this same problem. The company must be getting complaints about it but don't seem to be doing anything about it. I wrote to Syma and to a couple of companies that sell these heli's but they just keep selling them without any regard for the consumer.

Mine will only be reliable if the aeriel hangs down from the very front of the canopy( have drilled a small hole) and with a small weight on the bottom. I've tried routing it all over but only this works for me. To start off, with the wire on the ground you have to stand right by it.Once airborn its fine . Do still get the odd glitch though wierdly its often when its quite close.I get good range mostly, often at least 75metres+(27mhz)

#14 dwtriac23 Oct 25, 2012 06:48 PM

I tried making floats before out of styrofoam and found it to be an inferior material (not enough buyancy) for that purpose. I think something inflatable is a better choice. Good luck.

#15 dwtriac23 Oct 25, 2012 06:53 PM

I tried running the antenna wire along the tail boom and the heli wouldn't even start. I have had the signal drops from close and far distances.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:28 AM.