RC Groups

RC Groups
    Micro Ready-to-Fly
        New Product Parkzone Mini Vapor

#1 Flyboy70 Oct 20, 2012 02:17 PM

Parkzone Mini Vapor

Does anyone have any info on the New Parkzone Mini Vapor advertised in the Jan Issue of Electric Flight.

#2 jimklein Oct 20, 2012 06:15 PM

???? Pics

??? Videos

#3 Lepidopteran Ape Oct 20, 2012 09:49 PM

I would have taken a picture of the magazine ad had I known that there would be absolutely no information about this plane online. It better be good!

#4 Flyboy70 Oct 21, 2012 11:20 AM

Mini Vapor

1 Attachment(s)
Here is a picture of the ad in the Jan, Issue of Electric Flight showing the Mini Vapor..It is I/2 the size of the regular vapor.The ad says go to Parkzone.com to learn more about it.. But I can not find any info there. Anyone else have any infoo?

#5 airpower Oct 21, 2012 12:03 PM

Wow! Probably the only micro that would still fly well being smaller!

#6 RealGambler Oct 21, 2012 12:50 PM

Dang, I already have too many Vapors... But if that one ever show up, I may be interested! Look like standard receiver, but smaller 6 mm motor? Sweet. Maybe simply got pushed back because of the servo nightmare they had a few months ago...

#7 UNGN Oct 21, 2012 03:07 PM

Looks like a ember gearbox and maybe a cub prop with less pitch. The motor does look small in the picture. If its still 6mm, the J-3 motor mould make a rocket sled.

The Vapor props of late have been sketchy, so hopefully its a better prop... not having the oddball Vapor gearshaft is good, too.

#8 jabsten Oct 21, 2012 04:28 PM

Yeah last couple vapor props have been terrible for me.

J

#9 Pouncer Oct 21, 2012 04:56 PM

Intriguing..
I searched for PKZU1280 and PKZU1280 on both the Horizon and Parkzone sites, as well as googling it and got absolutely no hits?
The SKU's have been pulled obviously but some trace should remain..
Went to archive.org to peek at the sites as they looked around Dec -11/Jan -12 but alas the last crawl dates from July 2011, too early.
It's as if it never existed.

I probably wouldn't have wanted one if it were available, but now that I'm being denied it I need one!

Edit: I went to the swedish Horizon dealer's site, they usually have the entire HH products and parts list for download, figured if theirs was old enough it might be mentioned in the list.
But the site is down, looks like the company's gone belly up!

Where did I put the tinfoil, need to make a hat..

#10 Mendo Oct 21, 2012 05:01 PM

Awesome.

Mendo

#11 derrickh78 Oct 21, 2012 05:12 PM

Ive got to have it!

#12 richos Oct 21, 2012 05:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pouncer (Post 23063219)
Intriguing..
I searched for PKZU1280 and PKZU1280 on both the Horizon and Parkzone sites, as well as googling it and got absolutely no hits?
The SKU's have been pulled obviously but some trace should remain..
Went to archive.org to peek at the sites as they looked around Dec -11/Jan -12 but alas the last crawl dates from July 2011, too early.
It's as if it never existed.

I probably wouldn't have wanted one if it were available, but now that I'm being denied it I need one!

Edit: I went to the swedish Horizon dealer's site, they usually have the entire HH products and parts list for download, figured if theirs was old enough it might be mentioned in the list.
But the site is down, looks like the company's gone belly up!

Where did I put the tinfoil, need to make a hat..

Nonexistent Guys :confused:

Try googling PKZU1280 and PKZU1280 (NOTHING!) :D

I love photoshop :p

#13 MyPonyRocks Oct 21, 2012 07:51 PM

I would love one of these for hallway flights :)

#14 Gordon Johnson Oct 21, 2012 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UNGN (Post 23062421)
Looks like a ember gearbox and maybe a cub prop with less pitch. The motor does look small in the picture. If its still 6mm, the J-3 motor mould make a rocket sled.

The Vapor props of late have been sketchy, so hopefully its a better prop... not having the oddball Vapor gearshaft is good, too.

My guess is the motor is a 6x10, probably the one that Ares has been using in their Nano Stik. At 1.1g the 6x10 is reasonably lighter than the ~1.7g of the existing Parkzone 6x15mm motors.

The original Vapor was almost exactly 15g, which is 0.53 oz. This one says it's a bit less than a third of an ounce. That would put it at about 9.5g. What is interesting is they have shortened the wing span by a greater proportion than they did with the chord. I wonder if the wing loading is lower or not compared to the original Vapor. It's hard to tell from the picture if the brick is different or not. It looks the same to my eye. If so, then most of the weight reduction probably came from using a smaller 6mm motor, the smaller 30mAh battery, and reducing the airframe size. My fingers are crossed that they reduced the weight of the brick.

Gordon

#15 CrashMeUp Oct 21, 2012 08:26 PM

I agree, the brick is the thing taking most of the weight. I'd like stuff closer to the plantraco size but with true servos, and BNF ;-) This one would be, well, quite a bit closer. Fun to fly in the living room. The smaller the better:)