RC Groups

RC Groups
    Car Talk
        Discussion Servo motor controls

#1 hondarc51 Oct 18, 2012 08:20 AM

Servo motor controls

Hello all, I am new to the forum and was hopping to be able to pick some brains about an idea I had using waterproof servo motors. What I am trying to accomplish is using servo motors to control the throttle and choke on a gasoline engine thats on a power unit in the bed of my truck. I would like to have it wired though, aka non wireless. I'd like to be able to control the servo motors with a toggle switch for easy adjustment of throttle and choke inside my truck cab. Also the servos I found are 6v and the system I have is 12v but I believe that is solved using a Bec. I hope someone can point me in the right direction!! Regards, Tom.

#2 zanek Oct 26, 2012 09:03 AM

I think it would be do able. You can solve the step down with a BEC, wiring it directly to the servo. as far as controlling the servo you would need some sort of servo tester I am not sure how big I servo you would need to control what you are talking about. You can't just control a servo with a swtich, but I believe you could use something like this http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...vo_Tester.html
I believe that you plug the servo in and control it with a knob