RC Groups

RC Groups
    Electric Flight Events
        Fly-In January 26th, 2013. Indoor fun-fly in Southeastern Pennsylvania (PICTURES ADDED)

#1 mikeythev Oct 13, 2012 09:19 PM

January 26th, 2013. Indoor fun-fly in Southeastern Pennsylvania (PICTURES ADDED)

We're pleased to announce that North Penn High School in Lansdale PA, 19446 is hosting another indoor funfly this January 26th, 2013. The event will take place in two of the high school’s gyms, with the divider removed between them. It is a large flying space. The ceiling is approximately 30ft high. The gyms share the long edge of the basketball court.

GYM DIMENSIONS (both opened): 175ft Wide x 105ft Deep

Google Map of School
Approximate time/distance from locations:
2.1 miles from the Lansdale exit on the Pennsylvania Turnpike.
45 minutes northwest of Philadelphia
30 minutes south of Quakertown
100 minutes east of Harrisburg

TIME: 8:30am until 4:30pm (pilot registration starts at 8:20am)
PILOT COST: a $10 cash only donation (offset table rental cost) to the club lets you fly all day. Grade school pilots 18 and under fly for free.
SPECTATOR COST: Free
BRING: AMA highly encouraged; limited A/C power
EVENTS: TBA, We're planning on something... not sure what yet.
REQUIRED: 2.4GHz. If it's a problem contact me, voichemg@npenn.org

We have enough flight line for 10-12 active pilots.
15 minute rotations of: micro only, open (no 3D), 3D, micro helis & micro quads.

ROOM: Approximately 30 tables with chairs will be set up in a “U” shape around the flying area. Table availability is first come first serve. Maximum of one table per person. However, we encourage sharing! Chairs will be provided. Electricity is limited, but there. Bring an extension cord. Onsite charging must be in a firebox or similar. Pilots can inhabit the bleachers as well.

Pilot registration is available on our website: http://www.northpennmac.org/funfly.htm

FOOD: You can purchase hotdogs, drinks, and similar items at the snack bar (open 10:30am-2pm ish...). The snack bar revenues benefit our high school baseball team. Unfortunately, no food or drinks are permitted in the gyms. You'll have to eat and drink in the lobby area.

VENDORS: Vendors are welcome for the event. Contact voichemg@npenn.org if you're interested. (We'd love donations to raffle instead of a vendor entrance fee).

2013 VENDORS:
3DX Hobbies, Green Brook NJ
D&K Hobbies, Cherry Hill NJ
Park Scale Models
Waiting for confirmation; Hobby Hut, Audubon PA

SPONSORS:
Balsa Products
Castle Creations
Hobby Hut
ThunderPower RC
Tower Hobbies

Spread the word! We hope to see you there!!!

#2 pvtzemerak Nov 10, 2012 09:50 AM

I'm in..
-Brian

#3 mikeythev Nov 13, 2012 08:42 PM

Spread the word.

1 Attachment(s)
Here's the event flyer.

#4 mikeythev Nov 13, 2012 08:43 PM

Seriously, any interested vendors please contact me.

Thanks to generosity in the past, our vendors donated items that we were lucky to raffle off and generate funds to run our club for another year. Please consider attending or donating items to raffle. voichemg@npenn.org

#5 aeronca52 Nov 26, 2012 09:41 PM

Out of curiosity, would you allow an Air Swimmer fish??
Air Swimmers - Awesome RC Flying Shark and Clownfish! (1 min 43 sec)

#6 mikeythev Nov 27, 2012 01:26 PM

It's fly at your own risk. They seem like fun. Would you like to demo it for a few minutes during noontime? I could allow you to fly in the stands as well. I would hate to see the thing get shredded by a prop.

#7 mikeythev Nov 27, 2012 01:28 PM

The raffle prizes are starting to show up. I received 9 speed controls from Castle Creations! We're really thankful for their vendor support!

#8 aeronca52 Nov 29, 2012 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeythev (Post 23377521)
It's fly at your own risk. They seem like fun. Would you like to demo it for a few minutes during noontime? I could allow you to fly in the stands as well. I would hate to see the thing get shredded by a prop.

Actually I was thinking of really high near the ceiling or just off the floor an inch or two.

#9 mikeythev Dec 10, 2012 01:10 PM

Tower Hobbies sent us some gift certificates as prizes too! Thanks Tower!

#10 BillM Dec 10, 2012 04:50 PM

Is AMA membership required?

BM

#11 mikeythev Dec 10, 2012 08:53 PM

No, AMA is not required. I make my students get it and encourage everyone to get it for supporting our national organizations.

#12 BillM Dec 12, 2012 12:11 PM

Thank you for your reply but I believe I will pass on this event.

BM

#13 mikeythev Dec 19, 2012 04:29 PM

I'm sorry to hear, but that's just more prizes for the rest of us!

#14 mikeythev Dec 31, 2012 07:19 AM

Although Santa didn't bring me any flying toys this year I'm still excited about the event this coming January 26th! I have to put the finishing my Park Scale Models Maule 7 that I started two months ago.

#15 mikeythev Jan 12, 2013 10:52 AM

I just received word that 3DX Hobbies will be at our event!