RC Groups

RC Groups
    Vendor Talk
        Discussion Who Can I Give My Money To Other Than Hobby King?

#1 turbodriven Oct 11, 2012 09:29 AM

Who Can I Give My Money To Other Than Hobby King?

I'm so tired of HK's bs! I love their selection and their prices, but everything else about them sucks. So I've officially boycotted them.

Can you give me any ideas on who is their "best competitor". Someone who has good prices, similar selections, etc.

I ended up getting my Quad Rotor from RCTimer.com . They had better prices and faster shipping for the quad rotor stuff I needed. Now I'm looking for online vendors who have stuff like good priced batteries, chargers, misc items, ESC's, motors, etc.

NOTE: Please don't make this an outright "I hate HK" thread. I want real alternatives here. Thanks.

#2 Seamus O'Leprosy Oct 12, 2012 02:15 AM

You can give it to anyone you like it's your money. Perhaps you title should be, "How much more am I prepared to pay to buy from other than HK" I have not found anyone with a similar range yet.
Hi models sometimes have stuff a similar prices, but stock is always an issue.
I too get annoyed sometimes, I've been waiting for 3 weeks for one of my orders but that includes a free aeroplane :-)
The UK warehouse if great and quick delivery,

#3 porcia83 Oct 12, 2012 11:14 AM

OP it looks like you already have a good idea how this thread is going to end up.

For better or worse, I don't think you will find any entity with the depth and breadth of items that HK as, for the prices they have, in as many locations as they have. You will of course find one website with some better deals on say batteries, but their other stuff is more expensive, as well as shipping.

I'm not into quads but I'm sure there are plenty of places now that will sell stuff. You're just going to pay more (probably).

Valuehobby, Tower, Hobby Lobby, Horizon, Red Rocket are a few off the top of my head

#4 Murocflyer Oct 12, 2012 02:27 PM

You didn't mention if you were in the USA or not. Is that a concern for you?

If not, stand by. I am working on the answer to your question.

Frank

#5 gulio Oct 12, 2012 04:31 PM

For motors , leadershobby.

#6 KCV6 Oct 13, 2012 12:42 AM

Paypal me, I'll order the stuff and ship it onto you. Well you did ask who you could give your money to.

Mark

#7 Murocflyer Oct 13, 2012 10:32 AM

Here are a couple for you. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...5#post22990034