RC Groups

RC Groups
    Micro Ready-to-Fly
        Question Umx Beast or Gee Bee???

#1 EpicRC Oct 11, 2012 05:06 AM

Umx Beast or Gee Bee???

I started a thread "which umx plane?'' and ive thinned it out to 2 planes the Beast or Gee Bee im not worried about the relaxing part of flying I what something that will give me an adrenaline rush and make my heart pump. Ive started to pull towards the Gee Bee tell me if im making a mistake and should get a beast (ive heard the Beast is slower and i want something FAST!!!!!!!!!!! :D)

Cheers Ben

#2 airpower Oct 11, 2012 11:58 AM

I would suggest that you continued this discussion on the original thread you started.
Just because the beast isnt a speed demon doesnt mean it wont make your heart pump! Knife edges inches off the ground, slow rolls right off the deck, inverted flight nice and low, trying to do rolling circles, outside loops, knife edge circuits.
The Geebee is a niche plane.
The Beast is a plane that works to suit you.
If you really want something fast get the mig or the stryker.
Honestly, Horizonhobby.com is pretty good at telling you what an airplane is and does.

#3 UNGN Oct 11, 2012 07:40 PM

AS3X Sbach.

Its faster than both and its easier to fix than both when you crash it.

#4 EpicRC Oct 11, 2012 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UNGN (Post 22976896)
AS3X Sbach.

Its faster than both and its easier to fix than both when you crash it.

Whats your opinion on the beast or gee bee????:confused:

#5 UNGN Oct 11, 2012 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fOaMmaSh87 (Post 22976942)
Whats your opinion on the beast or gee bee????:confused:

I have both and I prefer the AS3X Sbach.

Between those 2 I'd go beast... but its a distant second to the AS3X Sbach.

#6 EpicRC Oct 11, 2012 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UNGN (Post 22976972)
I have both and I prefer the AS3X Sbach.

Between those 2 I'd go beast... but its a distant second to the AS3X Sbach.

And the gee bee?

#7 UNGN Oct 11, 2012 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fOaMmaSh87 (Post 22977030)
And the gee bee?

What do you want to do with it? Fly around and look scale? Since I fly in my side yard and would rather hover, knife edge, roll and loop than fly around wings level, the GeeBee is out.

I fly my AS3X sbach every chance I get.

#8 EpicRC Oct 11, 2012 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UNGN (Post 22977079)
What do you want to do with it? Fly around and look scale? Since I fly in my side yard and would rather hover, knife edge, roll and loop than fly around wings level, the GeeBee is out.

I fly my AS3X sbach every chance I get.

Fly around and look scale? exactly.

#9 airpower Oct 11, 2012 08:14 PM

Than what do you want!?!?
Fly around and be scale or pump your adrenaline? Your skipping between both.

#10 EpicRC Oct 11, 2012 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by airpower (Post 22977178)
Than what do you want!?!?
Fly around and be scale or pump your adrenaline? Your skipping between both.

What can do both
?

#11 airpower Oct 11, 2012 10:36 PM

Technically they are all scale but the hyper taxi. Its your choice man. look,go to eflite.com.

#12 rtbates Oct 16, 2012 09:48 AM

get both and fly inverted 1' off the ground.........

#13 K_B Oct 16, 2012 02:05 PM

If you want something fast, scale looking and can do advanced aerobatics (3D) then get a Beast. The GeeBee is fast and it can do basic aerobatics (loops/rolls), but it won't do 3D aerobatics.

#14 southernmd_man Oct 16, 2012 02:16 PM

The Beast is the best all round plane. The Gee Bee does one thing well...turn and burn, with a roll or loop every now and then. Of the two I, fly the Beast far more as it can do more.

#15 MTDV Oct 24, 2012 10:18 AM

I don't have an um Gee Bee, so I cannot talk much about it. However, I had a GP Gee Bee, and I sold it locally to a more experience pilot after a few flights. Of course, my GP Gee Bee did not have gyro on it, so my fingers had to work all the time until it got back to the ground. The new UM Gee Bee has a built-in AS3X technology, so it may be more stable in the air. IMO, Gee Bee is not a fun one to flight. My V1 Beast is still with me since day one, and I probalby have spent more time with it than any other planes and helicopters. I purchased an AS3X board, but I have not installed it yet. I bet that I will have more fun and relax with a new gyro board.

Hence, go with a Beast.