RC Groups

RC Groups
    Radios
        Discussion Old radio questions

#1 Eight .50's Oct 09, 2012 08:51 PM

Old radio questions

2 Attachment(s)
Hello,

I found some old radios while digging through my Fathers old RC gear and I was wondering if anyone here would be familiar with them. I am not sure if they still work but I also found a bunch of replacement parts he purchased for the really old radios pictured below. If these have any value I would like to sell them so I can buy some new RC gear. Any input is appreciated.

#2 AndyKunz Oct 09, 2012 09:12 PM

The two on the left are pretty old. There's a Vintage forum here that you might find interest in them.

The Kraft is a 1980 model. Except for frequency it's still usable (it probably wasn't converted in 1991 unless he really loved that radio). I have a 1978 one (pretty much the same thing) with a Spektrum module in it, and another with the electronics from a DX5e.

If you're wanting to fly, but a new radio. It will be much better all around.

Andy

#3 RyanNX211 Oct 09, 2012 10:47 PM

I've converted a few Kraft Single Sticks to 2.4.
They get a lot of strange looks out at the field but I haven't had any issues. Kraft was a great brand

#4 E-Challenged Oct 10, 2012 11:52 PM

The two old single channel tone transmitters operated a small receiver and a single actuator to move a rudder and maybe an elevator. These are not really worth much even to collectors as they are not rare. The Kraft 4 channel transmitter is probably on one of the 72 Mhz freqencies and may not be legal "narrow band" as still in use today. The Tone Monitor is an accessory item probably to detect others operating on your frequency. Old RC equipment collectors usually get these items as donations.