RC Groups

RC Groups
    Scale Boats
        Gallery Haul out fun run

#1 frankg Oct 07, 2012 05:39 PM

Haul out fun run

7 Attachment(s)
Well yesterday my club The Garden State Model Boaters, had it’s haul out fun run at the lake, which I was finally feeling well enough to addend. I really missed running with the guys during the summer and brought four of my speed boats to run on the lake. The first of the speed boats was the second boat Legend Model Boats released almost ten years ago, the 1939 Century Thunderbolt “CHICKIE IV”. The second of the boats I ran was the last release from Legend Model Boats, “MISS SEVERN”.

It turned out to be a pretty nice day, until wind picked up and started making it choppy with the swells for running the models. Just like the real boats you had to watch what you were doing or run the risk of having trouble. I thought I would post some running pictures of the boats for you pleasure.

#2 woodybob Oct 07, 2012 05:59 PM

Looking good!

#3 frankg Oct 07, 2012 06:24 PM

9 Attachment(s)
The second model is the latest kit from Legend Models, the "MISS SEVERN". This boat is one of the sweetest running models I have, and even running in the chop did not phase her in the least. I take no credit for this since it was the master, John L. Hacker, who designed her.

#4 Gravman Oct 07, 2012 06:56 PM

Rich, I am glad you are feeling better. I know it can be a hard road at times. The models look great running in the chop. You done good for all of us builders. Your kits are worth every penny.

#5 Tim B. Oct 07, 2012 07:04 PM

Those are very very well done boats, clearly many years of building experience behind them ...

Great to see this post Rich.

#6 Kmot Oct 07, 2012 09:28 PM

Nice pic's frankg, thanks for posting. :)

I really like Miss Severn, she is a beautiful boat.

#7 jshander Oct 07, 2012 09:28 PM

Rich,

Thanks for posting pictures of some of your really nice boats running well.
You are a true craftsman and they run as well as they look.
Glad to hear you're feeling better.
I am saving for one of your century Sea Maid kits. Fell in love when saw it in your shop last summer.
Jim

#8 MILLERTIME Oct 08, 2012 12:12 AM

What they all said.

#9 GregSpooner Oct 08, 2012 03:31 AM

Wot Millertime said--- very tidy and they look great in that chop

#10 RussellTate Oct 08, 2012 06:22 AM

Glad your better Rich, nice pics :)

#11 frankg Oct 08, 2012 06:39 AM

:)Thanks Guys for the kind words. I have my wife and partner to thank for the pictures, but not to loud. She will want a pay raise.

Started back on my build of the Lyman Outboard in hopes of finishing her in time for Christmas but don‘t hold me to it. With a the delays I have had due to health, it is taking longer than usual.;)

#12 oldtribefan Oct 08, 2012 10:17 AM

Glad to hear you are feeling better. Thanks for the photos of the boats at play! They are fantastic.

#13 Kmot Oct 08, 2012 01:02 PM

Putting up with you for all those years I am sure your wife deserves that pay raise! :p

#14 Tim B. Oct 08, 2012 09:54 PM

Looking forward to next year's new kit releases... ( Owens Flagship hint hint )

:popcorn: