RC Groups

RC Groups
    Beginner Training Area (Aircraft-Electric)
        Discussion my rolls are to slow

#1 groundman Oct 07, 2012 05:01 PM

my rolls are to slow

flying a crank yak, i think my rolls are to slow. what can i do to speed them up? thanks.

#2 Rockin Robbins Oct 07, 2012 05:42 PM

You can increase aileron deflection, increase the size of your ailerons or fly faster. Mix and match as you find necessary.

#3 Gedexas Oct 07, 2012 06:34 PM

When you roll, add rudder to the same direction and a little elevator. It will not be very aligned, but your barrels will be fast as hell.

#4 rtbates Oct 09, 2012 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gedexas (Post 22939481)
When you roll, add rudder to the same direction and a little elevator. It will not be very aligned, but your barrels will be fast as hell.

sounds like a snap roll

#5 cfircav8r Oct 09, 2012 05:26 PM

If you are fighting adverse yaw adding a little rudder will make it faster. increasing the throw may help but you do reach a point of diminishing returns. You should try adding a little rudder and see what that does before changing throw. If you do decide to add throw, do it in small increments until you don't see much change. I wouldn't go past 45 degrees throw though.

#6 Gedexas Oct 09, 2012 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rtbates (Post 22956469)
sounds like a snap roll

I guess that's what it's called. I always assumed that a snap roll starts out horizontal and ends up vertical with the plane rapidly changing direction, but I may be wrong.