RC Groups

RC Groups
    Aircraft - Electric - Multirotor (FS/W)
        For Sale DJI NAZA GPS Protector

#1 wdelarme Oct 06, 2012 09:44 AM

DJI NAZA GPS Protector

3 Attachment(s)
Below is what happens to the GPS ant after a rollover crash with the DJI NAZA GPS It will not lock again. I have tried resoldering the pieces it just doesnt work

Protect your DJI NAZ GPS! I have personally lost one GPS to a roll over crash. The guard is higher than the GPS/compass so it takes the hit not your GPS.

The device also is designed to manually rotate to allow for magnetic declination adjustments

The bottom of the guard is 5mm thick abs plastic the sides are solid ABS plastic. I can make these in black or white

2 inches tall from top to bottom by default but I can change this if requested

$10 shipped in USA ( I am shipping over seas but the shipping has to be paid by the purchaser
$5 shipped for replacement parts in the USA (ie the guard has been snapped off from crashing)

Some are actually getting very good results with shielding the inside with copper

Paypal wdelarme@gmail.com

Patent Pending

#2 nike25 Oct 06, 2012 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wdelarme (Post 22928192)
Below is what happens to the GPS ant after a rollover crash with the DJI NAZA GPS It will not lock again. I have tried resoldering the pieces it just doesnt work

Protect your DJI NAZ GPS! I have personally lost one GPS to a roll over crash. The guard is higher than the GPS/compass so it takes the hit not your GPS.

The device also is designed to manually rotate to allow for magnetic declination adjustments

The bottom of the guard is 5mm thick abs plastic the sides are solid ABS plastic. I can make these in black or white

2 inches tall from top to bottom by default but I can change this if requested

$10 shipped in USA ( I am shipping over seas but the shipping has to be paid by the purchaser
$5 shipped for replacement parts in the USA (ie the guard has been snapped off from crashing)

Some are actually getting very good results with shielding the inside with copper

Paypal wdelarme@gmail.com

Patent Pending

I bought one of these for my GPS and I LOVE it! Not only well made, but gives me an extra sense of security for when the inevitable happens!
I highly recommend!

#3 naturecannon Oct 06, 2012 11:08 AM

I received my GPS Protector a few days ago.

Excellent product. Thanks

#4 HansAuf Oct 06, 2012 11:50 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by wdelarme (Post 22928192)

Patent Pending[/CENTER]

Yes, I lined mine with adhesive backed copper. Interference from any of my VTX or other equipment is drastically reduced. Naza grabs locks quicker as well. This was a great idea and I plan to order 2 more from wdelarme when I get home this evening. I definitely recommend this item.

#5 naturecannon Oct 06, 2012 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HansAuf (Post 22928942)
Yes, I lined mine with adhesive backed copper. Interference from any of my VTX or other equipment is drastically reduced. Naza grabs locks quicker as well. This was a great idea and I plan to order 2 more from wdelarme when I get home this evening. I definitely recommend this item.

Did you line the bottom as well or just the sides?

#6 HansAuf Oct 06, 2012 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by naturecannon (Post 22929001)
Did you line the bottom as well or just the sides?

Bottom too. Changed the description in my post to indicate that. :)

#7 james sowell Oct 06, 2012 05:29 PM

can i get 1 allready lined

#8 wdelarme Oct 06, 2012 05:44 PM

Not at this time. If enough people ask for it I will but you are the first one to ask. The copper 3M tape (for shielding) is expensive so if I did it would raise the price to about $15.00 a piece.

Quote:

Originally Posted by james sowell (Post 22931144)
can i get 1 allready lined

#9 naturecannon Oct 06, 2012 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wdelarme (Post 22931229)
Not at this time. If enough people ask for it I will but you are the first one to ask. The copper 3M tape (for shielding) is expensive so if I did it would raise the price to about $15.00 a piece.

That is actually a great idea.

Even if you include just enough copper foil to be placed on each protector by the buyer. Saves you labor and and us from buying an entire roll of foil which most likely wont all be used. Win win situation if interest shown :)

I know the convenience of having both shipped together would be well worth the $15.

EDIT: Sorry to keep jumping on your thread, just very impressed with your GPS protector. I truly hope you do well and thanks for sharing an awesome product for my multi.

#10 wdelarme Oct 06, 2012 06:51 PM

Would anyone here buy one if I ordered the Copper shielding and charged $15.00 instead of the $10.00?

Quote:

Originally Posted by naturecannon (Post 22931555)
That is actually a great idea.

Even if you include just enough copper foil to be placed on each protector by the buyer. Saves you labor and and us from buying an entire roll of foil which most likely wont all be used. Win win situation if interest shown :)

I know the convenience of having both shipped together would be well worth the $15.

EDIT: Sorry to keep jumping on your thread, just very impressed with your GPS protector. I truly hope you do well and thanks for sharing an awesome product for my multi.

#11 Donjuanzx9 Oct 06, 2012 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wdelarme (Post 22931636)
Would anyone here buy one if I ordered the Copper shielding and charged $15.00 instead of the $10.00?

I will buy one if its ready to go lined,I just saw this thread and went wow nice job I want one ,for $15 bucks seems fair just as long as you don't do a shotty job on the lining.I'm sure as word spreads everyone will want one...:popcorn:

edit:

Oh no ! I just noticed it has a base on it so its not a drop in replacement,not so interested now...
Mine has a metal pedestal like many others and its epoxied on to carbon fiber tube so it wouldn't fit for me .:(

#12 wdelarme Oct 06, 2012 10:53 PM

You have to replace the whole stand. My stand allows you to rotate the compass on it. All you need is one hole to mount it

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donjuanzx9 (Post 22932991)
I will buy one if its ready to go lined,I just saw this thread and went wow nice job I want one ,for $15 bucks seems fair just as long as you don't do a shotty job on the lining.I'm sure as word spreads everyone will want one...:popcorn:

edit:

Oh no ! I just noticed it has a base on it so its not a drop in replacement,not so interested now...
Mine has a metal pedestal like many others and its epoxied on to carbon fiber tube so it wouldn't fit for me .:(

#13 Infernal Bill Oct 06, 2012 11:32 PM

I would buy one if lined.

Probably will buy one anyway.

#14 Donjuanzx9 Oct 07, 2012 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wdelarme (Post 22933262)
You have to replace the whole stand. My stand allows you to rotate the compass on it. All you need is one hole to mount it

You mean like a empty hole like where the naza arms go?
Ok I see the part under the protector is the whole stand not just a cap for the carbon fiber tube...
Why not make it to sit on the existing stand and be able to rotate?

#15 Gavinxman Oct 08, 2012 01:50 AM

Great idea and with the lining . If I go the naza set up and not wii or kk2 I'd definitely get 2 !!!