RC Groups

RC Groups
    Off-road Cars
        Discussion New TRAXXAS 1/10 Rally with LCG Chassis

#1 shutterm4 Oct 05, 2012 06:05 PM

New TRAXXAS 1/10 Rally with LCG Chassis

Have you seen the New Traxxas 1/10 Rally? It looks pretty sick and comes with an LCG Chassis! Any opinions on it yet?

#2 veggieslinger Oct 05, 2012 08:34 PM

looks pretty cool. i wonder what the wheelbase is? that would be cool if it was the same as the slash 4x4.

#3 rustlererad3 Oct 06, 2012 04:04 PM

i definitely want to drive one before i am willing to purchase one

#4 traxxas13 Oct 06, 2012 05:09 PM

i have multiple traxxas vehicles and personally im dissapointed with this. why did they release the rally again but bigger. it does look kind of cool but, why?

#5 Jeremy Kamutzki Oct 06, 2012 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by traxxas13 (Post 22931023)
i have multiple traxxas vehicles and personally im dissapointed with this. why did they release the rally again but bigger. it does look kind of cool but, why?

because they didn't have a 1/10 scale rally car (I think they got rid of the ken block car, because it's not listed on their website anymore. Maybe this replaced it.)

#6 veggieslinger Oct 06, 2012 08:16 PM

i kinda think traxxas should come out with a line of "race spec" vehicles. stuff that is gonna be more competitive on the track. they really have the rtr basher market cornered, but could benefit from a line of all new race worthy vehicles.

#7 rustlererad3 Oct 06, 2012 11:55 PM

i feel that traxxas will release some even better stuff now that they are dabbling into the rally car game but i definitely am interested in this vechile

#8 traxxas13 Oct 07, 2012 03:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeremy Kamutzki (Post 22931530)
because they didn't have a 1/10 scale rally car (I think they got rid of the ken block car, because it's not listed on their website anymore. Maybe this replaced it.)

all the ken block rally car was a 1/16th rally with a limited editiong body and wheels. but why come out with a bigger version. but thats just my opinion.

Quote:

Originally Posted by veggieslinger (Post 22932210)
i kinda think traxxas should come out with a line of "race spec" vehicles. stuff that is gonna be more competitive on the track. they really have the rtr basher market cornered, but could benefit from a line of all new race worthy vehicles.

i dont think traxxas will get into the race side of things anytime soon since alot of companies already deal with race vehicles. traxxas is going for the beginners and bashing for cheap. if they do start with race vehicles would be nice.

#9 veggieslinger Oct 07, 2012 04:21 PM

even if traxxas came out with a better 2wd platform for the sc craze. that would be cool.

#10 traxxas13 Oct 07, 2012 05:24 PM

would be nice for a better 2wd. but at the rate things are going looks like the next things is gonna be short course buggies like the ae sc10b that they came out with.

#11 rustlererad3 Oct 08, 2012 12:41 PM

i dont think the open wheel short course buggy is next for traxxas i thinkthere engineers still have a few tricks up there sleeve but the video of this rally car makes it look like a blast to drive

#12 traxxas13 Oct 08, 2012 03:13 PM

does look like fun but traxxas has dissapointed quite a bit for me. i know that they will most likely follow the scb soon. but the only thing that has my interest lately are the xo1 and the rally does a little. but time will tell what they will come out with.

#13 raw111 Oct 17, 2012 11:10 AM

I am looking to buy a rally once they come used as roller's hopefully, ITs nice to have an all plastic basher but the 4x4 slash wants to roll when you look at a turn. so hopefully this is much better! I just wish traxxas would stop using crappy plastic driveshafts that last for 30 seconds....

#14 traxx de maxx Oct 17, 2012 06:07 PM

they probably made it because HPI now have the ken block. I think in 1/8th scale not 100% sure.

#15 terrasmak Nov 18, 2012 10:45 PM

I checked this thing out at SEMA, the also have a new Slash coming out with the same chassis. This car is fully interchangeable with the 4wd slash. Very good for upgrades