RC Groups

RC Groups
    Trader Talk
        Discussion pay pal

#1 tsuitt Oct 05, 2012 09:37 AM

pay pal

I just bought a item payed with paypal now the seller want to wait till the paypal funds clear in his bank account. Is this normal. I have never seen this before.
Thanks for your input Tommy:):confused:

#2 JimStanmore Oct 05, 2012 09:42 AM

If you paid with a PayPal eCheck the seller is supposed/instructed to wait thre 3-5 days until the payment clears. An eCheck is sent when you have a transfer from a bank account without a credit or debit card backup.

#3 TheBeastTamer Oct 05, 2012 09:42 AM

Sometimes it will take a little while for the funds to actually clear and be available to spend.

#4 Garrett1234567 Oct 05, 2012 09:52 AM

To fully answer we need to know if you have a credit/debit card in your PayPal or just a checking account.
Garrett

#5 Hemikiller Oct 05, 2012 09:54 AM

If you did the instant transfer, they're probably waiting for the funds to be dropped into their bank account from Paypal.

Reason?

No money in the pocket to buy postage or they don't know how to ship directly from Paypal.

Could be stall tactic too, but let's not go off the deep end yet...

#6 tsuitt Oct 05, 2012 10:15 AM

I paid with pay pals credit/debit card that they issue. Im not really worred I just have not seen this before.

#7 tsuitt Oct 05, 2012 10:16 AM

reason

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hemikiller (Post 22919878)
If you did the instant transfer, they're probably waiting for the funds to be dropped into their bank account from Paypal.

Reason?

No money in the pocket to buy postage or they don't know how to ship directly from Paypal.

Could be stall tactic too, but let's not go off the deep end yet...

reason? is what I was thinking and if he told me that up front not a problem.

#8 tsuitt Oct 05, 2012 10:20 AM

Also just so you guys know its for a buy on a motorcycle forum not here. In the past I have found rc people smart and for the most honest of any forums thats why Im asking here.
TY Tommy

#9 tsuitt Oct 05, 2012 10:23 AM

You can see by my past rateings I dont play. When I have a debt I pay it. when I sell I ship

#10 Underthetire Oct 05, 2012 10:29 AM

Two reasons I can see, there have been cases (one here in fact) that someone pays with a stolen credit card, and it takes PayPal a day or two to figure it out, or he is stalling to get the funds away from pay pal since he has no intention of selling the bike. If he has been a long time PayPal user, your probably fine.

#11 tsuitt Oct 05, 2012 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Underthetire (Post 22920241)
Two reasons I can see, there have been cases (one here in fact) that someone pays with a stolen credit card, and it takes PayPal a day or two to figure it out, or he is stalling to get the funds away from pay pal since he has no intention of selling the bike. If he has been a long time PayPal user, your probably fine.

TY good answer

#12 zeezee Oct 06, 2012 01:55 PM

Another tid-bit about the PPal way. A fellow just sent me a full refund on a failed deal and the money did not show up in my PPal balance after being listed below as refunded. I called PPal and they told me that it would take 3-4 business days for it to appear in my PPal balance and it did, BUT!!!!! had he sent me my refund as a gift it would have gone directly into my PPal account as immediate spendable money. They are funny but a needed "evil"...BTW,folk's, get a PPal debit card....Dave/ZZ :)

#13 JCMorgan Oct 07, 2012 07:41 AM

I second the motion of the PP debit card.

When I sell an item I pay for shipping with it, and thus no out of pocket money needed. Makes things much eaiser to track.
PP has it's cons, but it's simply a fact that it's a business. It exsists for profit. Same reason a hospital, dentist, or any other business is there. Expect some bumps, but for the most part it's a smooth useful tool.

#14 scale_only Oct 07, 2012 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zeezee (Post 22929732)
Another tid-bit about the PPal way. A fellow just sent me a full refund on a failed deal and the money did not show up in my PPal balance after being listed below as refunded. I called PPal and they told me that it would take 3-4 business days for it to appear in my PPal balance and it did, BUT!!!!! had he sent me my refund as a gift it would have gone directly into my PPal account as immediate spendable money. They are funny but a needed "evil"...BTW,folk's, get a PPal debit card....Dave/ZZ :)

If that wonderful guy had done that he would have been stuck with the 3% fee ;)

#15 goldsworthy Oct 07, 2012 02:36 PM

I hate PayPal!