RC Groups

RC Groups
    Sailplane Talk
        Video Hubsan Spyhawk FPV

#1 hubsan Oct 04, 2012 11:45 AM

Hubsan Spyhawk FPV

1 Attachment(s)
Hubsan Spyhawk Above Clouds (3 min 38 sec)

Post your nice video here ... win a FPV skycruiser Free of Charge.. Top 10 Pilots only...

#2 Navy Jet Mech Oct 06, 2012 05:45 AM

That kind of video is a bit irresponsible seeing as this is the type of high level flying that's going to get the hobby severely restricted here in the states. It's cool and all but really childish in light of forthcoming regulations.

#3 Lou Oct 08, 2012 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Navy Jet Mech (Post 22927092)
That kind of video is a bit irresponsible seeing as this is the type of high level flying that's going to get the hobby severely restricted here in the states. It's cool and all but really childish in light of forthcoming regulations.

I completely disagree with that comment.

Other than that, it was a very nice vid with good music.

#4 bob.titus Oct 15, 2012 06:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Navy Jet Mech (Post 22927092)

I agree 200%, this was actually my first thought as a professional pilot.
Otherwise very nice indeed, gonna get some for my kids, but no high level flights permitted :)

Bob

#5 kozack Dec 19, 2012 12:23 AM

So people from anywhere in the world cannot post high-flying videos because of ridiculous US regulations?

#6 bob.titus Dec 19, 2012 04:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kozack (Post 23566102)
So people from anywhere in the world cannot post high-flying videos because of ridiculous US regulations?

comments have NOTHING to do with regulations, they have to do with common sense and responsibility.
The day a commercial aircraft flying a member of your family gets shot down by such a irresponsible flight you may then start to understand what we are speaking about... but it will be too late for many innocent people.

Posting such videos "from all over the planet" may give stupid ideas to the weak minded, the same way showing too much violence on TV and video games can lead to what happened lately causing the loss of many innocent very young lives.
Rest in peace my little fellows... on a side note, what just happened in Newtown CT is absolutely sick, what has happened to us human beings !?

Merry Christmas to all of you and your families, and happy (responsible) flights :)
Bob

#7 Tassie Mike Dec 21, 2012 03:46 PM

High flying

Bet many are laughing at you "too high " blokes!!!

If I have your attention, (span = nano secs I bet)

The camera view angle makes the height look Stratospheric. If it were a "Fish Eye" you would think you were in space!

Believe less of what you think you see, use of grey matter might help as well.

Mike in Tasmania

#8 bparini Jun 15, 2013 11:15 PM

Hi Folks,

I share my last flight with my Spy Hawk v3 above the clouds. 827 m (2713 ft) Above Ground Level.

Spy Hawk v3 New High Altitude Record - 827 m (2713 ft) AGL - Over the Clouds (13 min 53 sec)

Regards from Paraguay,

Bruno Parini.

#9 christianjou Jul 25, 2013 03:39 AM

setup

How did you make this possible ??

#10 bparini Jul 31, 2013 03:45 PM

In the video description are the parts.

Quote:

Originally Posted by christianjou (Post 25664141)
How did you make this possible ??

#11 dace adoo Aug 02, 2013 05:04 PM

to the OP, i just ordered the spyhawk, cant wait for it to come in. in your vid, did you make any modifications? or is it still fully stock? does it have a decent range with all stock settings?

#12 HawkHunter Aug 03, 2013 05:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dace adoo (Post 25740590)
to the OP, i just ordered the spyhawk, cant wait for it to come in. in your vid, did you make any modifications? or is it still fully stock? does it have a decent range with all stock settings?

Read this thread, it will answer most all your questions about the Hubsan Spyhawk.:)
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...hlight=spyhawk

#13 bparini Sep 02, 2013 11:35 AM

Spy Hawk v3 with OSD

My last flight with the Spy Hawk. OSD calibrated. 925 m (3034 ft) high. Touching the clouds and back.

Spy Hawk v3 with OSD - New High Altitude Record - 925 m 3034 ft) AGL - Touching the Clouds (14 min 57 sec)

Regards,

Bruno.

#14 sd2649 Feb 01, 2014 05:15 PM

Joined Jul 2012
54 Posts
I'm looking for help with modding this sucker. I replaced the planes antenna with a cloverleaf fat sharck circular polarized antenna and that worked, I then got a coax cable with an sma already attached and soldered it to the transmitter box where the directional antennae was attached and placed a matching fat shark antennae, it didn't work. I found that I had shorted the ground to the antennae wire with solder, so I removed it and it was much improved. I just took it out and it got fuzzy pretty quick, I then removed the fats hard antennae in mid flight and it got clear!?!?!? So, i now have decent range and its not directional, but only with the exposed sma connector, the antennae makes it worse! Any ideas on what I could be doing wrong?

#15 sd2649 Feb 01, 2014 05:49 PM

New development! It is getting interference from my 2.4ghz transmitter antenna. I can move the controller transmitter antenna closer to the video antenna on the controller and interference shows up. How are the coax shields supposed to be shielded? Could they not be grounded together or something?