RC Groups

RC Groups
    RC Tanks
        Discussion What is this tank ??

#1 Rustbucket Oct 04, 2012 09:05 AM

What is this tank ??

5 Attachment(s)
I have pick up this tank a few days ago .
I was thinking it was a german but I cant fine out for sure. Cant fine it on the net or much information ?
It is a HL also soft pellet shooter and RC.
So what did I pick up . With no markings cant realy be sure.?
IT Dose run nice.
Thanks DON Rustbucket.

#2 BigJack82 Oct 04, 2012 09:23 AM

They call it a PANTIGER.

A panther top with a Tiger I bottom.

I gave mine away.

Bigjack

#3 Rustbucket Oct 04, 2012 09:38 AM

GOOD MORNING Jake . BY the way the use tanks are history.
I went back a few days and they were gone so during weeken they clean out .
OK NOW tell me was that a real tank or just someones idea or a just a toy.

#4 BigJack82 Oct 04, 2012 10:15 AM

I am pretty good with ID WWII tanks and this was never a real german tank. I guess it was a way for the manufacture to get rid of some extra parts. I did buy one, but I just scanned the picture that was posted on the net. When I go it I noticed the tank was to wide for a Panther tank and the barrel was not the right shape or length. I asked the same question and someone replied back calling it a PanTiger. So, I found one of my daugther's friends who had a son who was having a birthday soon and gave it to him for a present. He loves it. For those tanks thanks for the info. Just too far for me to do anything about it.

BigJack

#5 Rustbucket Oct 04, 2012 02:47 PM

HELLO and thank you > I was going to give it away myself to a good buddy of mind and tell him it was a large tiger NOW I am going to give him a 1.16 th panzer that I pick up from that shop that had the tanks but all of that is history untill I get some more news . For during the weeken they got rid of all of it ;-( and now I hear people are calling the shop ;-(( Don

#6 R/CJohn Oct 05, 2012 09:45 PM

The Pantiger was a sad attempt at making a Panther tank. I couldn't help but laugh when I first saw it back in 05 at the Toronto Hobby Show.
Me first tank was the Tiger l and 13 tanks and counting.

Johnny

#7 Rustbucket Oct 06, 2012 12:56 AM

Ya I did some reading on the history of this tank. I have some future plans for it . I may try to turn into a panzer or a tiger . Right now I am in the process of scratching A -M-88 recuse tank.
Useing another a rolling track chassic.
Thanks DON

#8 Rustbucket Oct 14, 2012 09:25 PM

Well on that pan tank I gave it to some one that love it . I was happy to let him have it . HE has done alot for myself and my wife and he would not let us pay him for he has a very large RC dirt track and he has help us both in many ways . Never would except any payment and I show him my stuff and ask him if he like German tanks . Well I found out later he use to be around the real ones so he fell in love with it . IT did everything even a shooter of soft yellow pellets . HE like that one . SO it has a good home and I will see it when ever we go over to race on his track . Thanks for all of the information that everyone help me with. Don that Portland Rusbucket

#9 BigJack82 Oct 15, 2012 10:51 AM

It felt good to to something nice for someone. I felt the same way when I gave my PanTiger to a 10 year boy who is a friend of the family. He LOVED it. GOOD JOB Rustbucket!!!
Bigjack

#10 Rustbucket Oct 16, 2012 06:31 PM

I will agree with ya . Besides I have what I wanted . Just looking for the sherman but I am not sure if I will come close to one of those . They are not that many around and price is not cheap from what I have seen. Maybe some day.??

#11 BigJack82 Oct 22, 2012 11:24 AM

Rustbucket

Go to this web site, http://www.matomart.com/prodview.php?p=1142. They finally received 1/16 Sherman tanks. They are selling it for $349.00.

Maybe you will get you wish...

Bigjack

#12 Rustbucket Oct 23, 2012 09:40 AM

HELLO Jack Ya that would be nice but a little to rich for me . But I know as time goes on usely prices do come down or even go up . LIke I have allways done I will just sit back and wait for a deal to come my way. sooner or later . Thanks

#13 BigJack82 Oct 23, 2012 04:41 PM

It is a little too rich for me as well. I love to have a Sherman tank, but $350 not for me. If I find a cheeper Sherman I will drop you a line.

Talk to you later
Bigjack

#14 Rustbucket Oct 23, 2012 06:22 PM

Yup I have to agree with ya then on top of that price we have shipping . IT seems they never includ that one Ha ha. DON