RC Groups

RC Groups
    Scratchbuilt Indoor and Micro Models
        Discussion MCPX v2 wrecked

#1 aussiefly Oct 04, 2012 06:02 AM

MCPX v2 wrecked

Hi. I've damaged my poor little MCPX v2 to the point where I think it will be written off (alas salvaged for parts).

Last crash seemed to just put the killer blow on the (already weakened) parts. Tail boom, servos, landing skids, canopy, main frame (canopy holders) and god knows what more are wrecked.

My question is - I am probably going to buy another MCPX. Am I as well off save a few pound and swap my MCPX v2 board (which I assume is fine) onto the MCPX v1.

Can I do this? And is this the only difference between the v1 and v2? I loved the v2. I've learnt so much on it. So I would like to have it again but can save about $50 by going with v1 as oppose to v2 (maybe this isn't worth it but if only difference is the 3 in 1 then I already have one of these no point wasting it).

#2 kdill2160 Oct 04, 2012 07:21 AM

Wrong forum, this is planes...

#3 Pete P Oct 04, 2012 08:32 AM

FYI they have that new Nano... I'd grab one of those ;)

Good news, also, your parts should always be nice when you decide to get another mCPX :)

#4 NEWBEFLYER Oct 04, 2012 09:39 AM

Go to the Dynamicfoamy.com site and buy a DF micro liner and use the tail rotor motor and prop and you can still fly. They're cheap and fun to fly indoor only or no wind.

#5 joker24458 Oct 08, 2012 03:25 PM

I agree with Pete P, the Nano CP looks nice, flies nice, and is smaller (positives and negatives...) Also is CHEAPER...

...and good quality.

-joker

#6 Tommy21781xxx Oct 10, 2012 06:43 AM

The v1 mcpx is easier to mod for BL if thats in your future. The v2 is more sensitive to vibes b/c of the as3x and its harder to mod. I have 2 v1 birds and 1 v2. I know the v1 has a 3 axis gyro but I dont think its the as3x system.

#7 Denile Oct 12, 2012 08:49 PM

No matter how hard you try still wrong forum. There is one for micro copters!!!