RC Groups

RC Groups
    Gilbert Quiet Flyers (Arizona)
        Discussion Remaining Funds

#1 azflyingguy Oct 03, 2012 09:03 PM

Remaining Funds

The Remaining Club funds should be split between the current members at the time the field was lost. :popcorn:

#2 carlsoti Oct 03, 2012 09:46 PM

is the club officially dead?

#3 azflyingguy Oct 03, 2012 09:51 PM

It will be 2 years come Feb since field loss.

#4 azflyingguy Oct 03, 2012 09:51 PM

Or maybe have a Keg Party and BBQ.

#5 TBolt Oct 03, 2012 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by azflyingguy (Post 22907671)
Or maybe have a Keg Party and BBQ.

If anything, I would say donate it to the AMA field since they received us with open arms when we were left without a field, this money could be put to good use on field improvments at our new home. Just my two cents (or is it my last $20 GQF membership?)

#6 wyldkrd Oct 03, 2012 11:15 PM

We've kept paying our charter if I recall correctly. I think there is still a glimmer of hope to get the Gilbert site back through the county. If the $20 means we get it back any time in the next year or so I'm fine. I've wasted far more money on less worthwhile endeavors.

#7 azflyingguy Oct 04, 2012 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TBolt (Post 22907809)
If anything, I would say donate it to the AMA field since they received us with open arms when we were left without a field, this money could be put to good use on field improvments at our new home. Just my two cents (or is it my last $20 GQF membership?)

Maybe only 10% Joined AMA from GQF.

#8 rev.iain Oct 05, 2012 07:47 PM

The 10%

That is right. I for one did not go to AMA as they do not like or want big floaty sailplanes. The also don't have that beautiful green grass stuff.

I suggest giving it to the Academy of Model Aeronautics field fund. Maybe they could see their way clear to help us get a suitable field of our own then, one with GRASS and a runway.

Iain - Former GQF member.

#9 wingspan100 Oct 06, 2012 06:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rev.iain (Post 22924505)
That is right. I for one did not go to AMA as they do not like or want big floaty sailplanes. The also don't have that beautiful green grass stuff.

I suggest giving it to the Academy of Model Aeronautics field fund. Maybe they could see their way clear to help us get a suitable field of our own then, one with GRASS and a runway.

Iain - Former GQF member.

I must be living in a different universe.
John tows up Big Floaty Sailplanes every weekend at AMA.
I don't remember there being grass at GQF.

#10 swarick Oct 06, 2012 10:53 PM

I think someone got some bad info on sailplanes and AMA. No restriction on them that I know of. Who did you talk to Ian?

Rick Huerta

#11 rampman Oct 09, 2012 11:22 PM

...I just spent a LOT of $$$ in Alaska. [devils horns]

anonomous :D

#12 TBolt Oct 10, 2012 03:15 AM

I say we buy a Prius.

#13 rev.iain Oct 10, 2012 04:26 PM

Grass

Yes, there was grass at one time on that field. CASL maintained a 'patch' for landing, it was lovely!
As far as sailplanes at AMA, I was discouraged to fly such things by several of the 'old guard' at AMA (not GQF) and now feel I would be intruding.

I am fortunate to have a field with grass slightly closer to my house than AMA so I don't need that flying space, at least for the moment.

Regards

Iain

#14 azflyingguy Oct 10, 2012 05:07 PM

You call that patch of brown grass at Rodeo lovely that CASL Maintained. LOL ;)

#15 carlsoti Oct 10, 2012 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TBolt (Post 22960535)
I say we buy a Prius.

Only if you mod it be a massive HV charging station with long extension cords so everyone doesn't have to crowd their charging stuff around it!:D