RC Groups

RC Groups
    Combat
        Question What do you do to your Duraplane Trainer 40 to make sure wing stays aligned?

#1 trevorcgross Oct 03, 2012 06:55 PM

What do you do to your Duraplane Trainer 40 to make sure wing stays aligned?

I just picked one up at an auction, and the wing seems to wiggle a little, even with 8 rubberbands. Can you help?

#2 Mig Man Oct 03, 2012 08:03 PM

1 Attachment(s)
One method would be to put a bead of RTV sealer on the wing seat, put wax paper down as a parting media and set the wing back until dry. Remove the wax paper and you have a surface with 'some' grip to it and it should reduce the wiggle.

#3 trevorcgross Oct 03, 2012 08:06 PM

Okay. How about not using rubber bands? what would you do? notch in front and 2 screws in back?

#4 Mig Man Oct 03, 2012 08:41 PM

To be perfectly honest with you, I'm not familiar with that particular plane. You'll need someone else to help with that question. The plane design would determine your best answer for that one.

BTW. Weather stripping could work similar to the RTV also.

#5 draftman1 Oct 04, 2012 09:14 AM

8 rubber bands is not enough, a 40 size needs at least 12, i usually use 16 on mine. you will loose a wing in flight with only 8,

#6 Zenmaniac Oct 11, 2012 08:51 AM

I don't know that plane either, but I use velcro on all my combat planes (plus 6-8 rubber bands! :)) A strip or two along the cord on the wing and the fuze works wonders.

-= Dave