RC Groups

RC Groups
    Banana Hobby
        Discussion 1st time Banana Hobby Order

#1 JLogan Oct 01, 2012 09:39 AM

1st time Banana Hobby Order

Banana Hobby Had a sale on the Freewing B-17 Very good price $199.90

Shiped out right away and made it to my house on time.

Out of the box
1. stock elevator servo did not work

2. screw missing on retract

3. Nut missing on one of the wing mounts

None of this is Banana Hobby's fault but Freewing's.

I do wounder if I had a bad esc or motor if Banana Hobby would of sent out replacements right away?

I do think they are working harder at CS and hope that is the case.

After this order I would order from them again. JMHO

BTW after fixing and replacement of parts the aircraft flys very well and the sale price was outstanding. I waited almost a year to get this aircraft for a good price.

I thank Banana Hobby for that.!

John

#2 Nancy BH CSR Oct 01, 2012 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JLogan (Post 22882351)
Banana Hobby Had a sale on the Freewing B-17 Very good price $199.90

Shiped out right away and made it to my house on time.

Out of the box
1. stock elevator servo did not work

2. screw missing on retract

3. Nut missing on one of the wing mounts

None of this is Banana Hobby's fault but Freewing's.

I do wounder if I had a bad esc or motor if Banana Hobby would of sent out replacements right away?

I do think they are working harder at CS and hope that is the case.

After this order I would order from them again. JMHO

BTW after fixing and replacement of parts the aircraft flys very well and the sale price was outstanding. I waited almost a year to get this aircraft for a good price.

I thank Banana Hobby for that.!

John

Hello John.
When testing the electronics, before assembly or during pre-flight check, and you find either the motor and/or the ESC bad, please contact us right away so that we may attempt to troubleshoot the issue and pin point as to exactly what is wrong and what may need replacing.
If deemed defective and warrant, we will be able to submit a request for replacement part(s). Please note that these requests usually take 3 - 7 business days to process and once ship, a tracking number will be issued to you via email.
However, I do wish to request for you to keep the defective motor and/or ESC, if this mishap does happen, in your possession as photo(s) may be requested for at a later date by the manufacturer.
These photo(s) are there so the manufacturers can tell possibly which version electronics, which supplier that part is purchased from, or to get documentation that these parts are actually defective.
Please feel free to contact us if there is any issue(s), question(s), and/or concern(s). :)

Sincerely,
Nancy P

#3 JLogan Oct 01, 2012 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nancy BH CSR (Post 22887723)
Hello John.
When testing the electronics, before assembly or during pre-flight check, and you find either the motor and/or the ESC bad, please contact us right away so that we may attempt to troubleshoot the issue and pin point as to exactly what is wrong and what may need replacing.
If deemed defective and warrant, we will be able to submit a request for replacement part(s). Please note that these requests usually take 3 - 7 business days to process and once ship, a tracking number will be issued to you via email.
However, I do wish to request for you to keep the defective motor and/or ESC, if this mishap does happen, in your possession as photo(s) may be requested for at a later date by the manufacturer.
These photo(s) are there so the manufacturers can tell possibly which version electronics, which supplier that part is purchased from, or to get documentation that these parts are actually defective.
Please feel free to contact us if there is any issue(s), question(s), and/or concern(s). :)

Sincerely,
Nancy P

Thank You Nancy,

Just send a memo to Freewing and let them know that their QC is very much lacking, would help us all here.

John

#4 Nancy BH CSR Oct 01, 2012 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JLogan (Post 22887970)
Thank You Nancy,

Just send a memo to Freewing and let them know that their QC is very much lacking, would help us all here.

John

Hello John.

Will do. Thank you for your support.

Sincerely,
Nancy P.

#5 zeezee Oct 02, 2012 09:35 AM

My 1st dealing with Banana Hobby went south in '09.....Nice plane but horrible CS, shipping time and no parts!!!!! Yesterday Oct 1st, I ordered a FMS Pitts bi-plane (white and beautiful) had to have it. This morning I received an e-mail from UPS tracking # stating that my plane was in route and will arrive at my home on Oct.5th, before noon!!! :cool:;):D:):eek: That is amazing and good for you Pete :D. Now if CS does that and parts become readily available then BH will become my new best friend airplane supplier. David Brown/ZeeZee :D

#6 Sebastian_BHcsr Oct 02, 2012 04:27 PM

Hi zeezee! Please let me know how everything goes with the new FMS Pitts! Of course, please test the electronics first before assembling anything. The FMS Pitts is a gorgeous beast! Thanks! -Seba

#7 miclacom Oct 14, 2012 07:18 PM

You get what you pay for and sometimes not
had same issues with hk sport jet 70
reworked all control hinges and cg before it was even safe to fly.
After all its only foam and a cheap arf at that.
All said and done flys pretty good .....landing gear still sucks but ill gett over it
Good Luck