RC Groups

RC Groups
    Multirotor Talk
        Discussion DiaLFonZo-Copter - FPV SpyderQuad

#1 Dialfonzo Sep 23, 2012 11:39 AM

DiaLFonZo-Copter - FPV SpyderQuad
 
Hi All,

Working on a FPV Spyder which share much of the DJI Upgrade center plates i have done.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8310/8...2fc93c4f_c.jpg

I changed them to be able to use Round boom clamp (in my case the one i design to be 3D printed) but any 25mm clamp could be use (QuadFrame 16mm fit).

I have also included my landing motor mount that i have use on the BlackWidow Spyder .. So it's a bit of a mix and match frame.. lol
I have made the landing shorter.. to eliminate a bit of restriction while flying

Still it have a lot of work here and there.

There is a very simple CCD plate to be installed under.
This have a break-away center if you need to mount it on the back.. or front.
Leave it if you mount with soft double side tape.

I will build it 650mm motor to motor.. on the picture with the prop it's about that size.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8295/8...366b37be_c.jpg

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8039/8...29d5e882_c.jpg

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8312/8...74e90a1e_c.jpg

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8042/8...b9d82af7_c.jpg

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8040/8...26bb84e2_c.jpg

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8314/8...56920549_c.jpg

#2 Dialfonzo Sep 23, 2012 11:39 AM

-- Reserved --

#3 Dialfonzo Sep 29, 2012 02:02 PM

I have receive my custom 3D Printed boom clamp yesterday.
Here is a quick assembly with too short tube. (That's all i have on hand)

Waiting for some real nice 16mm tube from Matt at www.flycarbon.com

They will be already cut by him at 225mm.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8042/8...a4d7c9bf_c.jpg

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8042/8...19920b6c_c.jpg

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8041/8...e621c3ec_c.jpg

#4 Dialfonzo Sep 29, 2012 07:05 PM

Some more pictures...

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8456/8...8a706f51_c.jpg

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8452/8...6f24aaa4_c.jpg

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8317/8...970209a3_c.jpg

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8319/8...1ae26f64_c.jpg

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8460/8...25d67695_c.jpg

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8178/8...69b28bbb_c.jpg

#5 Techcoder Sep 29, 2012 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dialfonzo (Post 22867810)
Waiting for some real nice 16mm tube from Matt at www.flycarbon.com
They will be already cut by him at 225mm.

This looks like a very sturdy design. Do the motor locations still form a square? It is nice to not have the blades in the way and still have the camera up high in a safe place. What is your popular FC of choice?

#6 Dialfonzo Sep 29, 2012 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Techcoder (Post 22869768)
This looks like a very sturdy design. Do the motor locations still form a square? It is nice to not have the blades in the way and still have the camera up high in a safe place. What is your popular FC of choice?

No the motors are not in a perfect square.
It all start with a DJI arm center plate design HERE
Since DJI was all equal arm i have to deal with that .. And after fly it.. i didn't see any problem at all... lol

The assembly here have 140mm long boom ... cause that was all i have left.
But it will have 225mm CF.. you know..

This will be send to someone in Tahiti and the guy use NAZA flight controller.
I will build mine (the other one on the pic... ) with a NAZA too since i have one that is waiting in his box for some weeks..

But i do use only MultiWii controller.. And love them.
I have my own DiaLFonZo-Copter Shield and my new DiaLFonZo-Copter MiniControl (35x35 - 30.5mm hole mount)

Eric
info@dialfonzo-copter.com

#7 Dialfonzo Sep 29, 2012 07:24 PM

Just to let people know.
The boom clamp on the quad are my design and 3D printed at Shapeways.
Model HERE

http://images1.sw-cdn.net/model/pict...1339679500.jpg

I have made them so they have an aluminum standoff in the middle. I like that cause no messing with key or anything to hold the nut under while assembling.. very straitforward... It stay assembled even without the top plate ...

They have mountings at 25mm so any clamp you may find with that spacing would fit...

#8 Dialfonzo Sep 29, 2012 07:30 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is the top dimension with 225mm tube..

#9 Kipkool Oct 02, 2012 10:03 AM

This looks really bad ass.
Hurry to see this fly :popcorn:

Nice job mate.

Let you a pm a week ago about your boom arms compatible with Dji frames.

Cheers.

#10 Dialfonzo Oct 02, 2012 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kipkool (Post 22892187)
This looks really bad ass.
Hurry to this this fly :popcorn:

Nice job mate.

Let you a pm a week ago about your boom arms compatible with Dji frames.

Cheers.

Thanks
I did a little vibration plate.
Will post render of that later.

#11 Morphin Oct 02, 2012 01:40 PM

:confused:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dialfonzo (Post 22869906)
Just to let people know.
The boom clamp on the quad are my design and 3D printed at Shapeways.
Model HERE

http://images1.sw-cdn.net/model/pict...1339679500.jpg

I have made them so they have an aluminum standoff in the middle. I like that cause no messing with key or anything to hold the nut under while assembling.. very straitforward... It stay assembled even without the top plate ...

They have mountings at 25mm so any clamp you may find with that spacing would fit...



How is the weight for the 16mm mount? (with/without aluminium standoff).
It is very interesting idea but i think it is too heavy...

#12 Dialfonzo Oct 02, 2012 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morphin (Post 22894076)
:confused:



How is the weight for the 16mm mount? (with/without aluminium standoff).
It is very interesting idea but i think it is too heavy...

I didn't take the weight. But 3d print material is much lighter than plastic and standoff are 3/16 si very light too.

Would say they are equal or lighter than conventional clamp.

:-)

#13 Dialfonzo Oct 02, 2012 08:06 PM

Here is the modification for camera damping i did today..

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8462/8...ca18d091_c.jpg

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8457/8...55f7404c_c.jpg

Try to cut damper on the CNC
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8316/8...67b37c43_c.jpg

#14 MTHead4u Oct 06, 2012 08:36 PM

Looking great! I like the addition to the camera mount.

I'm ready whenever you are. :D

#15 Dialfonzo Oct 06, 2012 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MTHead4u (Post 22932342)
Looking great! I like the addition to the camera mount.

I'm ready whenever you are. :D

LOL..
Want to wait a little. ? I have someone who will extensively test the frame very soon..


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:58 AM.