RC Groups

RC Groups
    Electric Plane Talk
        Discussion FLYING WINGS: the scourge of RC

#1 tic Sep 22, 2012 08:59 PM

FLYING WINGS: the scourge of RC

These ridiculous looking obnoxious "airplanes" should be banned. I believe the loud pusher props on these things and their unusual appearance have contributed to the closure of many flying areas. Gone are the days when a grandfather can walk with his grandson in a park and point to a radio controlled Piper Cub flying gracefully in the sky, introduce the boy to the friendly pilot and learn some history in the process. Instead? the same granfather/grandson team is assaulted by a high speed wing flown by some punk who spits on the ground and chases dogs (or children) with his toy. This is part of what's wrong with our country. Please help eliminate the rude people from this hobby, it's better for everyone to shun these renegade "pilots"

Dasbeermeister Sep 22, 2012 09:04 PM

An infraction has been given for this post.
Infraction type: Offensive content (Profanity)

#3 Andy W Sep 22, 2012 09:05 PM

He's back!!
Hey, tic!!
..a

#4 tic Sep 22, 2012 09:10 PM

You're still here Andy!

#5 Endlesslag Sep 22, 2012 09:11 PM

I own 2 flying wings, 3 cubs, and everything in between. Wings are good just for simplicity, and they can be quite graceful too.
Now if they're being disruptive or dangerous to people and animals where they're flying...well the type of plane doesn't matter whatsoever.

Oh yeah..and the superfly is awesome...and not a pusher ;)

#6 cwesh Sep 22, 2012 09:14 PM

Shhh! Don't tell Tic I was out with my SuperFly Twin today! :)

#7 Endlesslag Sep 22, 2012 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cwesh (Post 22808155)
Shhh! Don't tell Tic I was out with my SuperFly Twin today! :)

Awesome! I want one :)
Differential thrust?

#8 KCinNC Sep 22, 2012 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Endlesslag (Post 22808132)

Oh yeah..and the superfly is awesome...and not a pusher ;)

funnest plane i've had in awhile....i just ordered a second :D

laid in bed last night for hours, just thinking of a cool paint job for it ?

#9 ChillPhatCat Sep 22, 2012 09:53 PM

Sounds like somebody had a bad encounter with a Zagi. :p

#10 Endlesslag Sep 22, 2012 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCinNC (Post 22808220)
funnest plane i've had in awhile....i just ordered a second :D

laid in bed last night for hours, just thinking of a cool paint job for it ?

I'm painting a german flag on the bottom of mine for Oktoberfest :)

#11 Doc Austin Sep 22, 2012 10:02 PM

Zagis rule!

#12 Ron H Sep 22, 2012 10:03 PM

Zagi's are lame. I have this cool new edf jet that I will learn on. I don't remember how fast it goes.

#13 Endlesslag Sep 22, 2012 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ron H (Post 22808441)
Zagi's are lame. I have this cool new edf jet that I will learn on. I don't remember how fast it goes.

Wouldn't happen to be a hair more than 99mph, would it? ;)

#14 eagle777 Sep 22, 2012 10:12 PM

I have read so many of your posts about flying wings. Why do you hate flying wings? They are just like any other flying device, except for 130dB noise (added to by lynyrd skynyrd from the 1300W sound system in their pickemuptruck), inconsiderate patterns and mid air collisions.
It is good to talk to you; you are a legend :)

#15 C₄H₁₀ Sep 22, 2012 10:29 PM

Delinquent kids and their obnoxious toys... Really, flying wings aren't even planes. They're just WINGS. I made a flying wing in half a second once by cutting the rubber bands and tossing my Slow Stick wing across the room. It was a lot quieter and flew much better than the noisy public offenses that those park punks think are "models".

Signs should be posted at parks: "Fly a REAL plane, dammit, and wash your hair".