RC Groups

RC Groups
    Hitec/Multiplex USA
        Help! Problem with potentiometer

#1 Bart10 Sep 22, 2012 07:48 AM

Problem with potentiometer

Hello everybody!
Yesterday, I flew my model and I had a strange problem with XM-2812-33 RTR. When I connected battery to RX, I heard -5-6-5- tone and after that a lot of short, fast beeps. After about 15 sec. the beeps stopped and I heard -5-6-5- tone again. It was the first flight in low temperature (about 15 Celsius degree or less). But today I discovered that ESC have the the same behaviour when throttle stick isn't at the bottom. But when I had this strange situation I probably didn't touch the stick. When is the problem and what I should do? I use Optic 6 with the Spectra 2.4 module.

#2 A.T. Sep 22, 2012 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bart10 (Post 22803165)
Hello everybody!
Yesterday, I flew my model and I had a strange problem with XM-2812-33 RTR.
When I connected battery to RX, I heard -5-6-5- tone and after that a lot of short, fast beeps.
After about 15 sec. the beeps stopped and I heard -5-6-5- tone again.
It was the first flight in low temperature (about 15 Celsius degree or less).
But today I discovered that ESC have the the same behaviour when throttle stick isn't at the bottom.
But when I had this strange situation I probably didn't touch the stick.
When is the problem and what I should do? I use Optic 6 with the Spectra 2.4 module.

1. Check your ESC instructions, as that may well be a warning that the ESC detects reverse polarity.
(Most likely Power pack, but a forgotten adjustment to Tx & throttle setting changed.)

2a. Check Tx batteries are now of good quality and fully charged:
2b. Remove ESC and plug a servo into that channel to verify all is well or that there is in fact a
problem with Tx.
(If BEC was being used then you will also need a 4 cell battery pack with new or fully charged batteries to test)
99% of problems relate to ESC/BEC:
Electronic Speed Control - Why BEC and LVC cause most EP RX problems
if a servo operates well with fully charged Tx & Rx batteries and a servo, try another ESC and power pack.

3. If a problem with Tx is verified, then as per previous advises, contact your local distributor
for your nearest service centre.
Hitec Warranty & Service - homepage.
Note: Hitec USA only services North/South America and Canada.
"Hitec USA customer service department is available Monday through Friday*
from 7am- 4:30 pm Pacific time. Reach us at 858.748.8440 or
service@hitecrcd.com any time you have a question"
If you are from a country that is outside North and South America, please contact the
Hitec distributor in your country for service.

Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links

#3 Bart10 Sep 23, 2012 12:45 AM

1) It couldn't be a reverse polarity because the problem resolved itself after ~15 sec.
2) I use Ni-Mh battery pack and it was 9,4v on the screen. The module didn't have any "lags" so I think that batteries could't be a problem. I never have had any problems with this potentiometer- before and after this strange situation.
What do You think about it? What are symphtoms of break potentiometer? Maybe I had to move a stick but I forgot about it?

#4 A.T. Sep 23, 2012 03:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bart10 (Post 22809304)
1) It couldn't be a reverse polarity because the problem resolved itself after ~15 sec.
2) I use Ni-Mh battery pack and it was 9,4v on the screen. The module didn't have any "lags" so I think that batteries could't be a problem. I never have had any problems with this potentiometer- before and after this strange situation.
What do You think about it? What are symphtoms of break potentiometer? Maybe I had to move a stick but I forgot about it?

Problem with battery connection, wiring or ESC, if it were a Tx problem, problem would have remained.

Alan T.

#5 Bart10 Oct 03, 2012 12:21 PM

Today, I had the same problem. I didn't wait but I tightened the throttle stick with full force. Beeps were resolved. This is strange bevaviour of my stick:
Optic- throttle (0 min 12 sec)

It has been from I have bought this TX. When I have set a throttle range in ESC (some time ago), I have been tightened this stick with full force, too. But when I always turn on ESC this stick is on second "teeth". I had this problem before first flight (before second everything was OK) and it was quite cold outdoor. Is this normal? Is my potentiometer broken?