RC Groups

RC Groups
    Micro and Sub-Micro Boats
        Discussion ESC?Receiver combo

#1 Tachikaze Sep 17, 2012 07:04 PM

ESC?Receiver combo

Anyone using anything like this ?
http://www.losi.com/Products/Feature...rodId=LOSB0830

Looking at converting the Tamiya 1/350 I400 to remote control, will need four channels though. Looking at this for the 1/400 Heller Admiral Scheer.

#2 vrdetailing Sep 18, 2012 06:12 AM

I have in my Losi Car... What type of motor are you going for... Brushed or Brushless. You can get some very small orange recivers that i have used in my micro boat..

#3 Tachikaze Sep 18, 2012 01:18 PM

I will be going with some small brushed Maxon motors. I have used the Novak 75mHz receivers for a larger kit, the Revelle Schnellboot, but getting an ESC into a boat that size is going to be a problem. Want I am really looking for is a ESC/Receiver combo with four channels for the sub.

#4 boater_dave Sep 19, 2012 09:41 AM

A 4 channel combo unit (rx + esc) might be hard to find because what high volume rc product would use it? The 2 channel with esc from a car is easy to see being produced in volume. What about some of these helicopter units? The esc will be forward only, of course.

Dave

#5 Tachikaze Sep 19, 2012 11:30 AM

The 2.4gHz units would be find for a surface unit, but I am going to need a 75mHz or 27mHz unit to do a submarine.

#6 boater_dave Sep 19, 2012 12:30 PM

I realize that 2.4G does not work with subs, but are all of those cheap heli's 2.4G? More specifically, the older ones that you will find the guts up for sale for cheap? You would need one that is mid grade, with a single main rotor and mechanical tail rotor. That would give you one esc and at least three servo outputs. Any twin main rotor heli will have two esc's and probably a third for a motorized tailrotor (as opposed to a mechanical one).

Dave