RC Groups

RC Groups
    Hand Launch
        Discussion Official 2013 USA F3K Team Thread

#1 cptsnoopy Sep 13, 2012 05:59 PM

Official 2013 USA F3K Team Thread

Bringing over a quote from the 2011 F3K Team Thread...
Quote:

Originally Posted by jcats (Post 22724377)
The 2013 Team USA F3K website is up, everyone.
It's still a work in progress but we will have our official team graphics soon enough.
As always, thank you very much for your continued support.
Bookmark and check often!!!!

www.TeamUSAF3K.com

Soar!
Your F3K Team

Please feel free to discuss here all things related to the 2013 USA F3K Team.

Charlie
:)

#2 carlsoti Sep 13, 2012 07:33 PM

Very cool site, Gordon. It's great to see so much momentum from everyone involved, and the USA F3K community in general. Just today there were two contests announced, one specifically noting that it's a fundraiser!

#3 tai626 Sep 13, 2012 11:28 PM

Charlie:
Nice to see you and Gavin taking the TMs thankless jobs. We are sending another dream team to Europe. Can't wait to see the raffles, appareals, etc to show my support.

Tai

#4 cptsnoopy Sep 14, 2012 06:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tai626 (Post 22729205)
Charlie:
Nice to see you and Gavin taking the TMs thankless jobs. We are sending another dream team to Europe. Can't wait to see the raffles, appareals, etc to show my support.

Tai

Thank you Tai,
We are very excited about how well this is getting rolling this cycle. Mike Smith and Gordon Buckland deserve huge kudos on wasting no time getting the website up and it looks awesome! I have requested that we unstick last cycles thread and make this on the new sticky... ;)

Charlie

#5 M Seid Sep 14, 2012 08:57 AM

2 things: first- and most important I would like to announce my firm will be sponsoring a junior scholarship program for this cycle. It has 2 parts. The first is travel related, and the second is education focused. Mkcap will match the junior teams fund raising efforts with a 600 dollar contribution, dollar for dollar against what they raise. 300 of the contribution will awarded for the junior teams general team expenses, to be used for the benefit of the juniors as the jr tm sees fit, 300 to be used for jr team members education, be it high school, or for college futures.

Second, Charlie, ping me and I'll get the 2012 f3k fund account transferred to you...

Mike Seid,
2013 f3k team bridesmaid alternate and corporate sponsor to the kids.

#6 Fly2High Sep 14, 2012 09:03 AM

Mike,
That is a wonderful and generous thing you and your firm are doing. I hope you are the first of many to support them. Both teams deserve all the support we can give.

Frank

#7 FLY F3B Sep 14, 2012 09:53 AM

Mike, that is really cool. Thanks for doing that, and what a great idea.

Mike

#8 cptsnoopy Sep 17, 2012 12:42 PM

bump ;)

#9 ShadowFalken Sep 17, 2012 02:51 PM

Yay!

#10 FLY F3B Sep 17, 2012 03:16 PM

Wow, right after I reported the in the old thread that we needed to unstick it, and unstick the old one..... hmmm. I am feeling pretty powerful right now!

There is something to be said for the effects of a perfectly timed result regardless of the actual effect. :)

Mike

#11 cptsnoopy Sep 17, 2012 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FLY F3B (Post 22758483)
Wow, right after I reported the in the old thread that we needed to unstick it, and unstick the old one..... hmmm. I am feeling pretty powerful right now!

There is something to be said for the effects of a perfectly timed result regardless of the actual effect. :)

Mike

Between the two of us and help from the Moderators it got done. Not too shabby! lol

Charlie

#12 aussief3b Sep 17, 2012 08:37 PM

Gentlemen,
The website looks great except for all the unfinished pages.
We could finish those pages but we need the content.
Lets do this. We need sponsor/prize and raffle info.
Some of you need to create and submit Bios.
(You know who you are. If you're not sure check the bios page here.:rolleyes:)
This is not difficult stuff.
What IS difficult is for a Team to raise enough money
when they have a reduced amount of time to do it.
Come on Team!
Lets get these relatively minor tasks done so we can get fund raising started.
Gordon (Who is now going to be out of town for over a week.)

#13 jcats Sep 17, 2012 09:18 PM

Thanks, Gordon.
I'm in contact with our graphic artist, Jeremy, regarding our artwork.
I'll forward them to you as soon as I get them.

One cool idea we've come up with is that the badge will now have the year removed. This will make it easier to perpetuate for future teams, if they choose, without editing the badge. If they want, they can put the year around the logo...

Thanks and enjoy your time OOT.
Jun

#14 rcgeorge Sep 17, 2012 09:33 PM

Yes thanks to all getting off pain pills and doing ok.

#15 gjensen Sep 20, 2012 07:06 PM

1 Attachment(s)
George's baby picture.