RC Groups

RC Groups
    Banana Hobby
        Discussion My Expierience With Banana Hobby

#1 TheRemoteControl Sep 11, 2012 09:40 PM

My Expierience With Banana Hobby
 
I have made two purchases in one month from Banana Hobby and have had no problems with them. I was scared at first because I saw so many negative things about them. My first purchase was from the old site and my most recent purchase was from the new site. The new site is definitely better than the old one.

My first purchase took I think three days to ship which is reasonable since I live a state over. I had no broken parts from the shipping, nothing seemed wrong. The only thing I felt could have been better is that the site told you if the plane was good for a beginner. It has trainer in the name but it was more of second or third plane, not a first.

My second and most recent purchase was the Double Horse 9116. It was much cheaper on Banana Hobby than any other site, I really like finding something cheap. I got the heli in four or five days including the weekend so it was pretty good. I'm still learning to fly the heli but it is a good one if your wondering.

Overall I think Banana Hobby is a good place to get your products. If Banana Hobby has problems I haven't encountered them. The only thing I wish they would do is sell some bigger brands like Traxxas.

#2 Sebastian_BHcsr Sep 21, 2012 06:25 PM

Hi TheRemoteControl! Thank you for your kind feedback! Traxxas is certainly a big player in the R/C cars industry. If you do find R/C cars fascinating as I do, perhaps you may want to check out our Concept One AWD Truck! At any rate, how's everything been flying for you lately? -Seba

Concept One Sneak Peak!! HD (1 min 36 sec)

#3 TheRemoteControl Sep 26, 2012 10:14 AM

I haven't been able to fly the plane and heli for around 2 weeks now. The planes rudder isn't working right and The heli keeps dropping out of the sky like there's interference.

#4 Sebastian_BHcsr Sep 26, 2012 12:21 PM

Hi TheRemoteControl. If you require technical assistance, please feel free to provide the corresponding order number(s) to me so I can arrange for a technician to get in touch with you. Thanks! -Seba

#5 TheRemoteControl Sep 28, 2012 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sebastian_BHcsr (Post 22840394)
Hi TheRemoteControl. If you require technical assistance, please feel free to provide the corresponding order number(s) to me so I can arrange for a technician to get in touch with you. Thanks! -Seba

I only have my heli order number 4393-120904. I contacted the technical support and all the person said is "Check the batteries, they should be about ~9 volts". The batteries were still good. I'm kinda mad I bought it, I started to get the hang of it, then it stopped working right and parts broke.

#6 Sebastian_BHcsr Sep 28, 2012 12:39 PM

Hi TheRemoteControl! I have arranged for another technician to get in touch with you to iron out your helicopter issues. Please check your email soon! Thanks! -Seba

#7 TheRemoteControl Sep 30, 2012 06:58 PM

"Before powering up:

-Be sure that your battery is fully charged prior to powering up. A complete charge will take roughly an 1hr to complete. Always supervise your charges for the indicator light to change.

-Be sure the throttle stick is set all the way down.

-Be sure the throttle trim is digitally set all the way down (via LCD screen).



Upon powering up:

-Always turn on the transmitter first. You will need to have the battery already plugged into the helicopter, however with the power switch set to OFF. You will notice a series of flashing lights and/or beeps emitted by the transmitter. During the fairly quick 3-5 seconds of flashing lights and/or beeps, you will need to immediately switch the helicopter's switch to ON.

-You will then notice a red light on a PC board inside the helicopter. Do not touch any of your controls at this time. A red light indicates that the PCB is trying to establish a connection with your transmitter. That red light on the PCB should turn green in less than 1 minute, indicating that your radio signal has successfully been established."


According to the email the red light on the PCB board should turn green. That never happened on my helicopter, I even looked up how to turn it on the first day I got it just to make sure. It seems mine was defective according to the email?

#8 Nancy BH CSR Oct 01, 2012 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheRemoteControl (Post 22877610)
"Before powering up:

-Be sure that your battery is fully charged prior to powering up. A complete charge will take roughly an 1hr to complete. Always supervise your charges for the indicator light to change.

-Be sure the throttle stick is set all the way down.

-Be sure the throttle trim is digitally set all the way down (via LCD screen).



Upon powering up:

-Always turn on the transmitter first. You will need to have the battery already plugged into the helicopter, however with the power switch set to OFF. You will notice a series of flashing lights and/or beeps emitted by the transmitter. During the fairly quick 3-5 seconds of flashing lights and/or beeps, you will need to immediately switch the helicopter's switch to ON.

-You will then notice a red light on a PC board inside the helicopter. Do not touch any of your controls at this time. A red light indicates that the PCB is trying to establish a connection with your transmitter. That red light on the PCB should turn green in less than 1 minute, indicating that your radio signal has successfully been established."


According to the email the red light on the PCB board should turn green. That never happened on my helicopter, I even looked up how to turn it on the first day I got it just to make sure. It seems mine was defective according to the email?

Hello TheRemoteControl.
I'm sorry to hear that the LED light on the PCB did not turn green. However, did it turn solid red? According to our records, you had stated previously that you'll be able to get the helicopter up in the air for approximately 1 minute or so and the helicopter would act like it's not getting any type of commands from the transmitter. May I request for the voltage reading of the battery, if possible. Are there any damage(s) on the PCB itself?
- Nancy P.

#9 TheRemoteControl Oct 02, 2012 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nancy BH CSR (Post 22888070)
Hello TheRemoteControl.
I'm sorry to hear that the LED light on the PCB did not turn green. However, did it turn solid red? According to our records, you had stated previously that you'll be able to get the helicopter up in the air for approximately 1 minute or so and the helicopter would act like it's not getting any type of commands from the transmitter. May I request for the voltage reading of the battery, if possible. Are there any damage(s) on the PCB itself?
- Nancy P.

Yes, it did turn solid red. Is that the same as if it were green? I can't give you the voltage, sorry. From looking at the PCB board I don't see any damage to the board.

#10 Sebastian_BHcsr Oct 03, 2012 01:44 PM

Hi TheRemoteControl. For the PCB initiation, upon powering up, the flashing LED turning solid (any color) would denote a successful bind with the transmitter as I'd just verified this with a DH9116 unit of my own right now. At your earliest convenience, please verify the health of the battery by checking the cell voltages with a voltmeter as the health of the battery is a crucial component for the helicopter's normal functionality. -Seba

#11 TheRemoteControl Oct 04, 2012 09:28 AM

Ya I plan on getting a new battery, I'm gonna have to buy a new servo for my double horse and then I should be hopefully up and flying. :)


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:59 PM.