RC Groups

RC Groups
    Scale Kit/Scratch Built
        Discussion 3D Printer and Roland Engraver for model use - Peter Rake plans

#1 BennyLaird Sep 06, 2012 05:54 AM

3D Printer and Roland Engraver for model use - Peter Rake plans

I have finally found the ideal way to get back into modeling, I'm running a Year 10 class on Electronics and Wooden Model Aircraft.

I have a Rapman 3D printer that I can use to produce parts such as cowls, wheels brackets etc, whatever we can draw. Also the engraver will allow me to cut all the wooden parts.

Will have to look through my Rake plans and give one a go. (have to cover my Crackerjack which has been framed up for over 12 months now)

Have a look at the conversion we are doing in that forum. A Boomerang 60 with a big OS electric and full telemetry, camera and buddy box trainer setup.

Also looking at gettin a fullsize Savage Cub to teach our students to fly (1 to 1 scale, might get my own PPL on it.)

I'll have to find a plan and build an electric model of it.

Good to get back into it again as I have not been able to for ages.

#2 Oneson1 Sep 08, 2012 12:12 AM

Good to see yoo back and with a great range of toys too!!
hugh

#3 MerlinV Sep 08, 2012 02:21 AM

I have heaps of ideas for stuff you could do on the 3D Printer.

The other Hugh

#4 BennyLaird Sep 13, 2012 06:13 AM

All I need is a drawing which I can convert to an .stl file. It can print most things but does need supports at times.

Just having a play with RealFlight 6. Kids will love it tomorrow.

And also had a fathers day pressie from my kids. The little Parkzone F4U Corsair. Have to give it a go in the gym tomorrow.

#5 PETERRAKE Sep 13, 2012 09:24 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Hi Benny mate, welcome back into the fold. Although, you're making me awfully jealous. Not only a 3D printer to play with, but access to a gym for flying too.
Since you can cut parts too, see how you get on with this. Parts to cut and a cowl and cylinders for your 3D printer.

Pete