RC Groups

RC Groups
    Aircraft - General - Miscellaneous (FS/W)
        Sold PowerLED's for RC Nav Systems

#1 flyandi Sep 05, 2012 05:47 PM

PowerLED's for RC Nav Systems

2 Attachment(s)
For sale are PowerLED's for RC Nav Systems

Not your normal LED but a high power 1W LED that really makes the difference. Extremely bright and can be seen up to 2 miles away in low light conditions. Even in full sun conditions, you still can see these working.

Here is an example:

DragonUAV - First View (0 min 34 sec)

The strobe module used in this example is made by Flytron (http://www.flytron.com/rc-light-syst...obe-light.html)

Here are some technical details:

- Emitted Color: Pure White.
- Forward Voltage: 3.4V~3.6V.
- Forward Current: 350mA.
- View Angle: About 120 degree.
- Luminous Intensity: 80~90 Lumen.
- Long operation Life: 50,000~80,000Hrs.

Dimensions:

Base Diameter 7.5mm
Dome Diameter 4mm
Length 4.5mm

These are high quality LED's and not the cheap eBay knock-offs. I tested these on my Groundstation for night FPV flying and they ran over 60h so far without any issues.

Make sure that your voltage is not higher than 3.6V when you connect these LED's.

The Price:

$2.00 per PowerLED - I only have the color WHITE at this time.

Shipping is $2.30 via USPS First Class and US only - regardless of the amount of LED's you order. PayPal Fee's are included. Tracking will be provided.

(Breakdown of shipping: Postage: $1.80, Safe Envelope: $0.50)

Maximum per order are 10x PowerLED's.

I can't sell these international due to import restrictions on certain countries (e.g. they are not certified for Canada).

How to order:

If you interested, please send me a PM with the amount of LED's you need and your PayPal E-Mail Address and I will send you a invoice. They will be shipped within 1 business day once payment is cleared.

#2 Mr. foambuilder Sep 05, 2012 07:53 PM

What are the dimensions on the LEDs (physical size)?:confused:

#3 CarreraGTSCS Sep 05, 2012 08:28 PM

Same question. I'm interested. The strobes currently on my Super Cub are not very bright.

#4 flyandi Sep 05, 2012 10:16 PM

Dimensions added, also a picture with comparison to a Dime.

#5 Mr. foambuilder Sep 06, 2012 09:43 AM

Me thinks you have your decimal point in the wrong place on your dimensions:confused: These would be so small at those dims. you would not be able to work with them. PLS. check again:rolleyes: Roy:D:popcorn: ps: Did you mean Minimum, and not maximum in your order requirements???

#6 flyandi Sep 06, 2012 09:50 AM

Oh yeah - sorry :-) hehe ... it was late last night.

Maximum order- I only have a certain quantity at this time and want to give everyone a chance.

#7 bhbs Sep 06, 2012 02:26 PM

pmed

#8 bhbs Sep 06, 2012 03:10 PM

You've got $$$$$ in your PP account!!!!!!!
Thanks, Bob

#9 Kyle D. Sep 07, 2012 07:20 PM

How do you normally power these? Is there like a 3v regulator you use

#10 flyandi Sep 07, 2012 10:01 PM

Yeah you need a 3V Regulator or an LED driver.. Most LED driver will work... they usually put out 1.2V to 3.6V depending on the LED.

Or you can use some resistors to throttle down from 5V or 12V.

#11 mgivens Sep 13, 2012 09:07 PM

Sent you a pm! these are exactly what i was looking for