RC Groups

RC Groups
    Micro and Sub-Micro Boats
        Help! Joysway offshore cat light...

#1 syog100 Sep 02, 2012 10:08 AM

Joysway offshore cat light...

Hi im new here and have a question...I was wondering if someone knows a good upgrade for the joysway offshore cat? I think its 15" or so, im looking to gut it and install brushless setup, motor, esc, battery, prop, everything. Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks for your time.

#2 DIYJIM Sep 03, 2012 02:04 AM

Wish I could help. The micro boat forum stinks here unless your building a tug boat!

#3 syog100 Sep 03, 2012 07:00 AM

well ive posted twice anr cant get any help, so i guess ill abandon this site, seems no good.

#4 Akura2 Sep 10, 2012 03:47 PM

since this boat seems to be the same as the Hobby King Magic Cat, here's a link to another user's mods to make the boat more worth the money http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...7X132623X3.zip

#5 boredom.is.me Sep 12, 2012 03:12 PM

When you think about it, no real information was given, so you can't expect much. When you ask for help, you have to assume that others do not have what you want help with. Second, not everyone spends their lives on the forum. Combine that with the fact that the micro boating world is much smaller results in far less people passing through.

#6 nemoskull Oct 07, 2012 07:02 PM

pics? link? a 1 cell BL might do.

#7 Mikedown Nov 24, 2012 11:07 AM

Joysway offshore

I have several 22" boats but like the 24" boats the best. Well anyway, info on motors for such sizes as Magic vee and etc is real sparse . Now to get the right size motor and lipo is a real hassle .Boats like Mono-z and such isn't much to look at but goes like blazes. I wish like you, info on motors and lipos would be appreciated and if anyone UP on this would sure help. i think the economy stateside isn't helping any cause buying motors and lipos and not getting a correct size will sour boaters. Now setups can be had, such as stuffing tubes and trim tabs and props , cables and lenght of struts and rudders by using common sense in proportion to size of boats. That's the easy part, but motors and lipos is not that easy. Enough out of me. Most people overpower their boats alittle do much from my standpoint.