RC Groups

RC Groups
    Indoor Pattern/F3P
        Discussion Donatas Design: Arrow V.6

#1 3Don Aug 31, 2012 12:55 AM

Donatas Design: Arrow V.6

11 Attachment(s)
Hello boys and girls i present you Arrow V.6. updated aeromusical design. Big thank you for Fred Midget from Higher Plane productions for provided Extreme Flight RC 104 Extra pictures. Also special thanks for Ignas for help with new color sheme. Kit is milled and printed on all sides, this mean no more ugly open white milling areas! Enjoy few first pictures. Depron part weight is ~42g. This makes plane acceptable for wide selection of equipment and naturally VPP unit.

#2 Free Aug 31, 2012 09:36 AM

Incredible!

Can't wait to see vid!

BTW, what's their fuselage length?

Free

#3 Not Free Aug 31, 2012 09:52 AM

Wow that is AMAZING!!

Thank you fro posting pics

When will it be for sale?

Not Free

#4 jhicks Aug 31, 2012 09:26 PM

awesome! what is different in the flight characteristics?

jamie hicks

#5 3DThrez Aug 31, 2012 09:52 PM

awesome! best Design

#6 Free Sep 10, 2012 08:23 PM

Any news?;)

Free

#7 richard boyd Sep 11, 2012 11:55 PM

Congratulations on your new design Arrow, it is stunning.

Richard

#8 3Don Sep 15, 2012 04:29 AM

15 Attachment(s)
Thank you all for such kind comments, im really excited about this one. Sorry for late reply, i build new 3 model at once;) Next week i will start flying all of them including new Arrow V.6. Here are answers to your questions and some building pictures:
Jamie, main goal of all small changes is to increase roll speed and plane stability with slightly longer fuselage. Plane is big bigger than V5, lenght is 95cm from motor mount to tip of rudder. Also i am very happy with depron parts weight, just 42,6g for such big plane. It will be very good platform for VPP, enought wing surface to carry extra weight and fly like regular good shockflyer and still have VPP system. Second Arrow V.6 will be build with VPP TVR system.

#9 Free Sep 15, 2012 01:33 PM

Thanks! That's looking awesome.:)

One more question: What's the wing area?

Free

#10 RCvehicleGuy Sep 17, 2012 10:09 AM

Another fantastic design by one of THE BEST!
Looks fantastic! I hope to see a couple of them shred it up it HEF this year. :)

Chris G.

#11 3Don Sep 19, 2012 02:32 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by RCvehicleGuy (Post 22755823)
Another fantastic design by one of THE BEST!
Looks fantastic! I hope to see a couple of them shred it up it HEF this year. :)

Chris G.

Thank you Chris! Yesterday i flew my 104 Extreme Flight RC Extra 300, took Arrow V.6 with me to make some neat shoots. First test flight indoor should be made today.

#12 RCvehicleGuy Sep 19, 2012 05:23 AM

Everybody makes fun of me when I break out my 150 gram planes in front of the giants. :)

Chris G.

#13 3Don Sep 19, 2012 12:31 PM

In most cases i am alone in field so no one there to make fun LOL;) Today i made first test flights in gym with Arrow V6. AWESOME machine, everyhting is like i expected. Roll rate is awesome, but at same time it is bit more stable than Arrow V5. I will try to make video next week.

#14 Andycap Sep 19, 2012 02:24 PM

Fuselage looks a little deeper round the canopy Don? Maybe just the new printed colours scheme of the canopy. Love the double sided printing on a milled model BTW. I always found the missing colour scheme a little strange to look at on earlier models

I assume you'll be working hard towards the world F3P champs with your new toys ;)

#15 RCvehicleGuy Sep 19, 2012 06:54 PM

Really cool. What are some things you look at in a foamie? Roll rate I know is one because having a foamie that rolls so fast the battery ejects is super important. But what else do you look for? What tendencies to you watch for and under what conditions are they likely to appear? I do a little plane designing myself, and though I have come a long way from when I started I do like learning new things...

Chris.