RC Groups

RC Groups
    Hodges Hobbies All Electric Fly-In (HHAEFI V7)
        Discussion Micro Warbird Pylon Racing at HHAEFI-V7

#1 Dave Burrow Aug 28, 2012 07:04 AM

Micro Warbird Pylon Racing at HHAEFI-V7

OK OK NEW EVENT ANNOUNCEMENT #1:

Micro Warbird Races: We are going to set up a couple of pylons and have those who want to compete race 10 laps around the course. Our initial thinking is that most of the micro warbirds are pretty close in speed and we will race them head to head. We will see how many want to race, set up heats and work our way to a champion. If we find that one particular type of micro is truly faster than others we may make that type of plane a separate class. The idea is to race stock planes. We aren’t going to check prop pitch but the motors and batteries need to be original equipment. Since this is new to us (and it’s HHAEFI) we reserve the right to modify the rules up until 2 hours after the trophies have been given out.

Here was out first test.
Micro pylon race. (1 min 27 sec)

STAY TUNED FOR ADDITIONAL ANNOUNCEMENTS ON NEW EVENTS!

#2 Manta1 Aug 28, 2012 08:06 AM

Dude that looks crazy fun!

#3 Evel Knievel Aug 28, 2012 09:45 PM

I'm in! It was a blast when we tried it out for that video. Very exciting and a couple of interesting "tap and go" moments.

#4 EDFPILOT Aug 29, 2012 05:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evel Knievel (Post 22578631)
I'm in! It was a blast when we tried it out for that video. Very exciting and a couple of interesting "tap and go" moments.

Tap and go? Mine stopped if you remember....:D

#5 Dave Burrow Aug 29, 2012 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EDFPILOT (Post 22580744)
Tap and go? Mine stopped if you remember....:D

Was that the time the wings got locked together and you flew in tandem a while?

#6 EDFPILOT Aug 29, 2012 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Burrow (Post 22581571)
Was that the time the wings got locked together and you flew in tandem a while?

no I would be refering to me hitting the small pylon dead square with my plane...:D

#7 Evel Knievel Aug 29, 2012 08:57 PM

Yea, Jay and I locked up or what seemed like an hour. It looked cool and getting to fly away with no damage was even cooler.

#8 MJF Sep 07, 2012 08:41 PM

thats pure skill

#9 Tha Hodgehound Sep 08, 2012 08:05 AM

And that was just a test to see if it was feasible!!! Imagine what the real thing is gonna be like! My sides hurt already!! :D

#10 EDFPILOT Sep 08, 2012 03:48 PM

I need to start getting an idea of everyone that will be flying in the UM warbird races. We have decided on one plane per pilot if you crash that plane and have another you can use that. Also if anyone is interested we are looking at having a couple of micro jet races which will be the UM Mig or the Great Planes UM F86.Just post your names in this thread if you plan on entering any of these.

Warbird Races

1. Tripp Smith
2. Chris Scoggins
3. Richard Scarborough
4. Colin Harrington
5. Richard Greet
6. Jay Smith

#11 Tha Hodgehound Sep 08, 2012 03:56 PM

If G's T-28 wasn't messed up I'd be in but the motor's worn out so I guess I'll be watching (and ducking) on this one. :D

#12 badbill Sep 08, 2012 04:21 PM

#13 EDFPILOT Sep 08, 2012 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tha Hodgehound (Post 22677990)
If G's T-28 wasn't messed up I'd be in but the motor's worn out so I guess I'll be watching (and ducking) on this one. :D

Got a new in the pack motor you can have and get it flying.

#14 Tha Hodgehound Sep 08, 2012 05:28 PM

kewl..may try to fix it then!
thanks

#15 MJF Sep 08, 2012 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EDFPILOT (Post 22677949)
I need to start getting an idea of everyone that will be flying in the UMX warbird races. We have decided on one plane per pilot if you crash that plane and have another you can use that. Also if anyone is interested we are looking at having a couple of micro jet races which will be the UMX Mig or the Great Planes UMX F86.Just post your names in this thread if you plan on entering any of these.

Warbird Races

1. Tripp Smith
2. Chris Scoggins

UMX ?????

you mean the plane 'ol micros....right?