RC Groups

RC Groups
    Scratchbuilt EDFs
        Discussion De Havilland Sea Vixen F (AW) Mk 2

#1 pontious Aug 24, 2012 10:02 AM

De Havilland Sea Vixen F (AW) Mk 2

8 Attachment(s)
I feel the need, the need to build.Some of you may remember that I made two sets of plans a while ago for the Scimitar and Sea Vixen. Having successfully done the Scimitar I am now pleasing Richard Vale by building The Sea Vixen.Not wishing to bore you all, this will be a truncated thread as the building proceedures are the same as my previous efforts.The Tail Booms/Tailplane & outer wings will be detachable. Same size same power.My eventual aim will be to fly (with the help of Richard Vale, Bob Partington & A.N. Other) the Canberra, Javelin, Scimitar & Sea Vixen together as a Cold War Flight.
Now where`s the Whisky?

#2 pontious Aug 24, 2012 12:13 PM

7 Attachment(s)
More shape now.

#3 pontious Aug 24, 2012 01:25 PM

13 Attachment(s)
Just got to find somewhere to store it.

#4 turbonut Aug 24, 2012 02:57 PM

Nice pile O planes in the garden!...I have been fallowing your work for some time...All wonderfull

#5 sloperjoe Aug 24, 2012 03:42 PM

wowee! the depron factory probably loves you, and if you need a place to store any of those birds I have room for one or two :D

Joe

#6 Waltjg Aug 24, 2012 06:50 PM

Or, you could clear the pictures off the living room walls and you'll have instant more storage,,, Or dig the floor do the garden house lower so you can hang-um two deep from the ceiling!!!:D. I'm sure everyone will enjoy this build also! Thanks for the thread.... W

#7 pontious Aug 25, 2012 01:23 AM

6 Attachment(s)
OOPS! I forgot the other rooms and it`s too wet to photograph the garage.
I recently broke up four good models. Can`t give them away.I even told my cleaning Lady that I`ve left them to her in my will. Wasn`t happy.

#8 domll Aug 25, 2012 02:50 AM

Very nice Terry, will be following this :).

#9 Keenan smith Aug 25, 2012 07:29 PM

Terry,

I love your builds ! and also i Love the Sea Vixen Godspeed. :)

K :cool:

#10 demondriver Aug 26, 2012 04:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDreamFactory (Post 22548887)
Terry,

I love your builds ! and also i Love the Sea Vixen Godspeed. :)

K :cool:

I second that Terry!:D

Terry your English Electric lightning just gave me a Jet-Gasm! lol:D

#11 RDV Aug 27, 2012 03:30 AM

Terry
HERE WE GO AGAIN!!!!!!!!!;):D

#12 pontious Aug 27, 2012 09:59 AM

You`ll need a bigger van Rich !!!!

#13 RDV Aug 28, 2012 10:38 AM

Exactly!:p

#14 pontious Aug 31, 2012 03:24 AM

9 Attachment(s)
Temp. fitted wing joiner tube.Cut out lower formers. Canopy delivered so decided to work on the front fuselage and cockpit detail. Former doublers fitted. Will fit both Pilot and Coal Hole observer.

#15 Waltjg Aug 31, 2012 08:40 AM

Really nice Terry, enjoying your build. One question, I was intrigued by the term "Coal Hole Observer" so I did a Google on it, and seen that they had the observer setting to the right and below the pilot with very little view,,, ""The observer's cockpit was known as the coal-hole because of the almost total lack of a view out of it, and it was not a popular arrangement."" I found that a little strange because he was suppose to be an observer, I guess he watched radar and other instrumentation and had nothing to do with the actual "view" around the plane? Thx for your thread, walt