RC Groups

RC Groups
    Hot Online Deals
        Yippee! Bixler Buddy Code - Now in stock in US warehouse

#1 ppridday Aug 22, 2012 10:47 AM

Bixler Buddy Code - Now in stock in US warehouse

http://www.hobbyking.com/buddy.asp?c...F-61C32058D58A

#2 StarHopper44 Aug 23, 2012 05:48 AM

Went to the link; all I see is the regular $59 price. How's the 'buddy code' come into it??
& what's the code #, for that matter? :confused:
Thx.

#3 midnightsabotage Aug 23, 2012 06:04 AM

How it works is that you must log in at hobbyking.com first, and then come back here and click the link to get the buddycode price to appear.

I did so, and the price of $55.51 is available to me, I presume this is the buddycode price?
Thanks for the link. I can't buy one at this time, but anyone who wants one, that's great.
-Jeff

EDIT: Scratch that, your buddycode isn't working. The $55.51 is regular price for me as a platinum member.

#4 StarHopper44 Aug 24, 2012 05:27 AM

Which is, kind've what I said, no? :)

#5 midnightsabotage Aug 24, 2012 06:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StarHopper44 (Post 22534920)
Which is, kind've what I said, no? :)

You bet!

Sounded like you were unsure of how the buddycode system worked, as you were asking for a code # when the link didn't work. Seemed a little confused (rightfully so, as the OP was posting a non-working deal)
Just wanted to make it clear & easy for you if someone were to come up with one that does indeed work.

Cheers!
-Jeff

#6 Thirston Aug 24, 2012 06:54 AM

ppridday,
Thanks for the code. I know there are a couple floating about but I used yours and it worked. Regular price for me was around $59 and your code got it for $55.01 or something thereabout.
I'm only a Gold member at HK so I guess I don't get the same pricing tier as some of the others here.

#7 StarHopper44 Aug 24, 2012 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by midnightsabotage (Post 22535106)
... a little confused (rightfully so, as the OP was posting a non-working deal) -Jeff

Ahh so -- there's the rub.

Me too, & me too -- thanks Jeff!

#8 ppridday Aug 24, 2012 12:34 PM

Sorry for the peeps it didn't work for. First time posting up a buddy code.

Anyways... I'm getting a Bixler!!!!! :D:D

Paul

#9 StarHopper44 Aug 24, 2012 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ppridday (Post 22538011)

Paul

Been there, got that!. :D

#10 midnightsabotage Aug 24, 2012 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ppridday (Post 22538011)
Sorry for the peeps it didn't work for. First time posting up a buddy code.

Paul

No worries! Rock on!
I still want to try one someday. Maybe once the Bixler 2 cmes to the USA warehouse I'll be able to grab one.

Happy flying!
-Jeff

#11 bluzjamer Aug 24, 2012 11:55 PM

I bought a Bixler and was not impressed with it. should have waited for the Bixler 2.
Money better spent on something else. Didn't even come with an ESC. Cheap clevis' break two before I even flew. Control horns look crappy too. Flimsy pushrods that don't take mini clevis so when they break you need to rebend a bigger pushrod to take a better clevis. Manual is pretty poor also. Buy a Vista, much better plane for about the same total output.

#12 StarHopper44 Aug 25, 2012 05:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluzjamer (Post 22542789)
I bought a Bixler and was not impressed with it. should have waited for the Bixler 2.
Money better spent on something else. Didn't even come with an ESC. Cheap clevis' break two before I even flew. Control horns look crappy too. Flimsy pushrods that don't take mini clevis so when they break you need to rebend a bigger pushrod to take a better clevis. Manual is pretty poor also. Buy a Vista, much better plane for about the same total output.

When I bought mine it came with a controller. Borderline adequate but who makes 'em that are, these days! Couldn't figure why they quit including them (I'd noticed that) except that it cheapened the product. You know - the standard "eliminate $6 of expense so we can cut the price $1" type deals.

Everybody bashes the "cheap clevis & horns" -- I'm still flying all mine after a year with MANY flights - save for one horn I lost in a crash. It didn't break - it fell off the push rod walking back to the pits.

Bigger pushrod?!? The ailerons' are 21ga ASW -- clevis' common as dirt. The tail's rods are standard .032 (30-ga) music wire; micro-size clevis abound. Just use the ones with set screws. I got a bag of 10 & only wish they made 'em for larger wire!

And manual? MANUAL???!!!??? For this plane, who needs a steenkin' manual?!? RLY?

But afa Vista ~vs~ Bix .....10-million deliriously happy owners might disagree.
:D