RC Groups

RC Groups
    R/C Blogs
        Discussion Bee 7

#1 owlsabie Aug 19, 2012 04:05 AM

Bee 7

6 Attachment(s)
Seeing as "no.4" actually flies, I decided to try a biplane.

Its come a long way from a modified tomboy, but this is pretty much based on no.4 as far as dimensions go.

#2 twinkle Aug 20, 2012 12:06 PM

Found it

Hi Al

will watch it progress

regards emma

#3 owlsabie Aug 23, 2012 11:51 AM

engine

2 Attachment(s)
While waiting for glue to dry on the lower wings, I became distracted and made the battery hatch:D

#4 owlsabie Aug 25, 2012 10:38 AM

a Little done

2 Attachment(s)
Well - due to work etc have only got a little done, but at least the wings are built and ailerons added. Now I just trying to decide if I am happy with the shape

#5 twinkle Aug 25, 2012 12:13 PM

cute

Hi al

Its looking good

its got further than mine has in the past week nothing touched

emma

#6 owlsabie Aug 25, 2012 12:28 PM

Thanks Emma! We'll see what happens tonight, but I may just get going again:) I really want her maidened before next weekend

#7 moscow580 Aug 26, 2012 12:05 AM

Hi Owl:

Great progress....I take one Saturday off and you are already flying....:eek:

Good luck...I love everything about...shape....biplane..etc.

sean

#8 Mickey D Sep 01, 2012 09:21 AM

Hi all- Super Bee7 Al! lemme guess black and yellow stripes?:D
That's another thing I like about your designs is that they are not overdone like mine with frustratingly complex structures:( like the No4 it looks clean simple and flies well.
Mike

#9 owlsabie Sep 01, 2012 11:40 AM

That would be cool - but I am struggling with a scheme for this one. Thanks for the compliment Mike - but I think I'm going to do a complex one of these days I think, just for the fun of it:D

#10 Mickey D Sep 01, 2012 12:06 PM

Not to say you can't, I just think I over do it a bit:D if you still have som pewter you can do a nice grill and instrument pannel like on the BM!;)

Oh and thanks for reminding me, Happy Spring day!:) and Autnumn to Sean.

#11 moscow580 Sep 04, 2012 01:55 PM

Hi Mickey and Al.

How's it going. Doesn't feel like autumn here yet.

Owl. Maybe you can do it all in black with yellow highlight like a bumble bee. That would be cool.

Sean

#12 twinkle Sep 04, 2012 02:26 PM

or this perhaps

2 Attachment(s)
Hi Al

This is a picture from my dim and distant past yellow and black with a touch of white the Skymaster team from the late seventies .These are the skyleader
rc display team originally flying modified aeromaster bipe :cool:

fibreglass and foam 60 glow powered and the kit is still available fron phil ramsey

but Its a bright colourfull scheme for any bipe:eek:

regards emma:D

#13 owlsabie Sep 05, 2012 10:21 AM

Those are both great ideas!:D:cool:

We'll see - most likely I'll just grab a roll and start covering stuff:D I've got some unusual ideas for the front though, but they will have to wait until I can see how much nose weight is needed . . The question is how "psuedo-scale" to do it, and that pretty much depends on ones mood. I could pop two guns on the front and a bomb underneath, or do a nice conservative scheme, or even just go crazy with all the little bits of left over covering. This is the really fun bit, though, and something I don't like about scale stuff - there you are sort of stuck to an actual colour scheme that someone else had fun working out:eek:

If the current weather persists I may get something done soon:D

Al

#14 owlsabie Sep 08, 2012 09:51 AM

2 Attachment(s)
A really frustrating afternoon. I just couldn't get the covering to work in the tight angles at the front of the stab, and the top of the fin. Covered everything over - I am still not happy, but it will have to do. Luckily it doesn't really show in the photos. But its disappointing:o Also my transparent purple turned out to be metallic . . . Anyway, now I can get the servos in, the fuselage covered, the motor in and then it wil just be the wings to do, and this $&$%&% covering will hopefully work better there

#15 Mickey D Sep 08, 2012 10:44 AM

Full of surprises

That scheme is looking better than I could imagine WOW! I love the metallic purple on the control surfaces!:)

Have you tried Mylar before? it is increasing in popularity amoungst free flight modellers...I have not used it myself but it's worth looking into!

I hope you come right on the covering, it looks really exciting!:cool: