RC Groups

RC Groups
    Nitro Planes
        Discussion My "NitroPlanes" Pet Peeve

#1 joe_crash Aug 12, 2012 09:30 PM

My "NitroPlanes" Pet Peeve

This has long been a pet peeve of mine; and it got to the point I stopped going to their site b/c I figured what I wanted would be "Out Of Stock".

For example - I wanted to fly an electric warbird (ARF) (I build almost all of my planes from scratch, I wanted something to get in the air ASAP if we get the same wonderful weather we had here today)

I like the Airfield brand, so, I checked that option, and a total of 17 planes came up. Guess how many were in stock? ONE!!!! ONE!!!! What's that, you didn't hear me?

ONLY 1 Plane out of 17 advertised is actually available! And, sadly this is not the first time I've seen this - this is why I quit the site back in the day, and I think i will choose a different "go to" vendor; who doesn't advertise low prices for planes that are not in stock.

I don't really want to stop shopping there, so if someone can tell me I'm wrong, feel free. This doesn't mean I'll stop going to the site, they have a great layout, I just won't order from them.

Thank you and I am hoping this is a temp problem.

#2 sj3cub Aug 17, 2012 01:13 AM

Might be because "Airfield" airframes are FMS models, and they don't carry FMS models any longer. The Fruit stand now carries the FMS line of airframes.

#3 eagle1933 Aug 17, 2012 05:59 AM

Who is the Fruit stand?

#4 joe_crash Aug 18, 2012 12:22 PM

As of when did "Airfield" aiirframes are FMS? Was just on the Airfield site - it isn't an outdated link either. But, I'll move on; you may well be right, I haven't heard anything though.

OK, go to Airwing warbirds, They advertise 6 different models, and 50% are out of stock.

The only legit sale was of Dynam. Seemed to have a lot of that. If you can give me a link to where Airfield is FMS I would appreciate it. If they have, I'd think they would alt least update there web page, wouldn't you think.

I'm not bashing Nitro - (only when I want something and it's out of stock with no known restocking.)

This is ONLY MY opinion - I'm sure I'm sure I'll get plenty of flack for it too, but GD, it feels good to vent (lol)

#5 Mike_Then Aug 19, 2012 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eagle1933 (Post 22470938)
Who is the Fruit stand?

Banana Hobby, notorious for subpar electronics and terrible customer service.

#6 edf nut Aug 20, 2012 11:21 PM

Airfield and fms "were" one in the same.
Banana hobby picked up the fms line.
This has been discussed time and again in the electric warbird section.