CastleLink Live Question
Hi with the JLOG2 from Germany is it possible to send the Telemetry data from the Kontronik Jive to SBUS2 or HOTT or MPX. When will the Hardware be avaiable for SBUS2 ?
Other Idea is to work with Tom ( he developed the JLOG2 ) und use the JLOG2 as Telemetry interface. I made a simialar thread in his forum.
It would be great, because i have many CC ESC and only one Kontronik Jive :D
hmm...ok ...i think there is nobody interested :(
I think that CC was working on telemetry but I have no idea what it will be ready. They should all be back in the office later this week so maybe someone will reply.
Castle released the "CastleLink Live" several months ago for the entire controller line: http://www.castlecreations.com/downl...h-phoenix.html. They also have published the protocol but I can't find it right now.
Yes - Castle Link Live was released with firmware ver. 4.01
We are in the process of working with various Tx mfg to get there protocol so the ICE esc's can work with there telementry.
In the mean time we do have a document that explains how it works & a few electronic savvy modelers have taken that info & gotten certian Tx's to display the data from the controllers.
An example of this at play can be seen in the Traxxas XO 1. All the telemetry data seen on the iPhone or iPod docked to the Tx is coming from the Castle Link Live in the controller we make for them.
I am attaching the info if you would like to take a look at it ;)
Hi, I'm the "JLog-Tom".:) Thanks for the protocol description.
Understood it at first attempt, a novelty.:)
Didn't you had a chance to use an async serial protocol than that "impulse cinema"?
So I will make a firmware which turns JLog2 into a CC telemetry converter, currently for JETI, Multiplex, HoTT, HiTec and Futaba (S.BUS2, FASSTest), Spektrum may follow soon (task of re-engineering), still no input for/from JR, - plus async/serial OpenFormat livestream, perhaps for my own telemetry "JTX" also.
Hey Tom, it´s great that you implement the Caslte link live to your Jlog2, but from now on you must rename your JLOG ( Jivelog ) :D
unlimited space for Logfiles and telemetry for Futaba, MPX, Hott, Jeti and so on ;)
Okay, did it for now, going into beta testing.
Two firmwares (because of memory capacity constraints by JLog2, a "bigger" JLog3 will follow soon), firmwares for CC ESCs only, no JIVE here:
- all telemetries except of HiTec: Openformat livestream for LogView or Dataexplorer, Unidisplay, JETI, Multiplex, HoTTv4, S.BUS2(Futaba)
- HiTec telemetry
Logging in both versions.
Next is Spektrum's telemetry.. :)
P.S. JLog2+CC, JLog2+SpektrumTelemetry, telemetry overview
Castle Live Link, first implementation results
thank you for implementing "Castle Live Link" and publishing the spec!
I implemented a "Castle Live Link" to "Multiplex M-Link" converter on a ATmega328P evalboard.
So far it seems to work fine, the jitter of the received values is very low, but i still have some questions:
- Is it correct, that the ICE100 (V4.02, default settings beside Castle Live Link activated) does not show the BEC Data Voltage and Current?
- The RPM value is starting with "0", but after once the motor has been activated the value seem to display the lowest revolutions the ESC has recognized or performed and will never go back to "0“?
- The ICE100 (V4.02) is equipped with a ntc temperature sensor (measured room temperature without engine running is about 23,9 °C - 24,3 °C, the only value with a jitter) ?
- The temperature as the only data value shows "strange" values until the controller has initialized?
Thank you !
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:26 AM.|