RC Groups

RC Groups
    Electric Flight Events
        Discussion Wings Over Piper, 3-5 Aug, Lock Haven, PA

#1 Captain Dunsel Jul 27, 2012 07:52 AM

Wings Over Piper, 3-5 Aug, Lock Haven, PA

Anyone going to this event? This will be our first year of attending. It's an Electric/Glow/Gas meet with models and full-scales, held at the airport where Cubs were built. The neat little Piper museum is on the grounds there, too.

http://www.wingsoverpiper.com/

CD

#2 dr.E Jul 27, 2012 02:32 PM

google map directions please:)

#3 Captain Dunsel Jul 27, 2012 04:51 PM

I'm not sure what you mean.

If you need directions, they're on the bottom of the page I posted the link to.

We don't need directions; we've been to the museum twice, already.

CD

#4 dr.E Jul 28, 2012 09:51 AM

here is a link to google map directions for those who never been there and plan to go

http://maps.google.com/maps?rlz=1T4R...ed=0CEgQ_AUoAg

#5 curly56 Jul 31, 2012 08:50 AM

I'll be there on friday; not flying, just going to watch and check out the museum and vendors. This will be my first time there even though I don't live very far away from it.

#6 Captain Dunsel Aug 03, 2012 04:12 PM

We were there from around 1100 through 3:00 p.m. (the Sun finally got to be too much for us).

We didn't expect to see a lot of Electrics, and so we weren't surprised when we didn't. A Stryker-type, a trainer, and a few others, but most of the models were large-scale Pipers, Cessnas, and a few other civilian birds. Still, it was well worth going -- the people were very friendly, and the models were still fascinating to watch, especially when a giant-scale Cessna 140 (?) and a gorgeous Tri-Pacer did loose formation fly-bys.

Then there was the full scale Cub and what appeared to be a Supercruiser that landed during the time we were there -- BEAUTIFUL!!!! (Sorry, no pictures today -- gotta wait for Miss Micki to post them and shots of our new beagle, Josie).
CD

#7 Captain Dunsel Aug 07, 2012 03:05 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Finally got a chance to post some pictures. As it turned out, the weather was very hot on Friday, so we couldn't stay for too long. Then it got muggy and rainy on Saturday, so we stayed in our camper:(. Sunday we went to Church, then visited the Piper Museum (Neat place!).

CD