RC Groups

RC Groups
    Non R/C Items (FS/W)
        Cox Canario Glider LPU SC

#1 microflitedude Jul 22, 2012 06:31 PM

Cox Canario Glider LPU SC

1 Attachment(s)
This has been sitting in my closet for a while now. I had planned on mounting a power pod with an .020 engine, but never got around to it. If somebody else can make better use of it, great. There are two channels in the wing for CF rod to hold them together with rubber bands. I might have them somewhere. It's 3CH, with the tail surfaces hooked up with the hardware. Just the airframe, no electronics. Missing canopy. It has character, with plenty of dings and scuffs. The rudder has been repaired.

Local pickup in Columbia. Come to my house and get it.

Matt

#2 shahram72 Jul 22, 2012 07:04 PM

If I didn't already have enough projects! Tempting... Would be nice just to meet another local modeler! So the power pod is not included and the wings are missing hardware?

#3 microflitedude Jul 22, 2012 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shahram72 (Post 22236632)
If I didn't already have enough projects! Tempting... Would be nice just to meet another local modeler! So the power pod is not included and the wings are missing hardware?

Me too, I have been kind of secular with RC lately... :D I used to carpool with a friend out to my club, but he stopped going. I have been venturing into Control Line with a guy out in West Columbia.

I couldn't figure out how the wings came together when I got it, so I drilled a couple channels inside the wings. I used carbon Fiber to put them together. You would need to tape the halves together, or rubber band them together somehow. Should not be too hard.

#4 microflitedude Jul 22, 2012 09:39 PM

I found the rods, they will be included.

#5 microflitedude Jul 22, 2012 09:46 PM

No shipping.

#6 RknRusty Jul 23, 2012 09:03 PM

Hey, Shahram, I'm a control liner in South East Columbia. Glad to see there some more locals besides Microflitedude and myself.

#7 aeronca52 Jul 24, 2012 09:18 PM

That's a nice little sailplane. My father -in-law had one back in the 80's and I have it still. Has the original Cox Sanwa (radio & servos) and original motor and he had lots of thermal fights. With today's lightweight equipment it should be a real easy thermal machine or r/c trainer.
LPU only? If I ship you a box full of styrofoam peanuts and a $10 bill inside would you mail it back to me???:rolleyes:

#8 microflitedude Jul 30, 2012 02:45 PM

Still available.

I found the electric motor, it will be included.

#9 aeronca52 Jul 31, 2012 09:12 PM

Guys, although it might be a few years old this is a great little sailplane. You'll be very happy after your first thermal flight.

#10 microflitedude Aug 10, 2012 04:51 PM

Bump, nobody has called back to arrange pickup. :rolleyes:

#11 microflitedude Aug 10, 2012 08:59 PM

Bump

#12 microflitedude Aug 10, 2012 09:10 PM

Bump

#13 shahram72 Aug 11, 2012 06:13 PM

It's also the hassle of boxing something up and worrying about it getting broken. I am feeling guilty about this now. I would go get it if I did not already have so many unfinished projects and nowhere to store them. I don't want to take something that will just sit, especially if I have to go find parts for it.

#14 microflitedude Aug 14, 2012 09:12 AM

Bumping

#15 microflitedude Aug 19, 2012 08:50 AM

Bump.

In West Cola.