RC Groups

RC Groups
    Hitec/Multiplex USA
        Help! Aurora 9 doesn't recognize 2.4 module as AFHSS

#1 E.N. Jul 21, 2012 11:27 PM

Aurora 9 doesn't recognize 2.4 module as AFHSS

Hi,
I have been trying to solve this problem for hours. I am pretty sure the way it started was when I turned the transmitter on and accidentally selected transmit when there was no module plugged into the back of the A9. It switched from AFHSS to ppm. Now, when I plug the 2.4 module back in and turn the radio on, it won't detect it as AFHSS resulting in no telemetry. I have upgraded the module, receivers, and the A9 to the latest firmware and have done a factory reset on the A9 and still no luck. When I go through the initialization screens after a factory reset, the AFHSS shows up but then it asks me what modulation I want to use and wont finish the initialization until I select something else than the AFHSS.

Thanks in advance,
Ian :cool:

#2 A.T. Jul 22, 2012 12:01 AM

[QUOTE=E.N.;22230122] Hi,
I have been trying to solve this problem for hours. I am pretty sure the way it started was when I turned the transmitter on
and accidentally selected transmit when there was no module plugged into the back of the A9. It switched from AFHSS
to ppm. Now, when I plug the 2.4 module back in and turn the radio on, it won't detect it as AFHSS resulting in no telemetry.
I have upgraded the module, receivers, and the A9 to the latest firmware and have done a factory reset on the A9
and still no luck. When I go through the initialization screens after a factory reset, the AFHSS shows up but then it asks me
what modulation I want to use and wont finish the initialization until I select something else than
the AFHSS. Thanks in advance, Ian [/
QUOTE]

No Spectra Pro module handy today.
Suggest check out manual pages 27, 57 & 58 regarding frequency changes.
May need to finish the 72MHz PPM sequence before it will allow change back to 2.4GHz.
i.e. select PPM and then any frequency, cycle power on/off.
. Insert 2.4Ghz module and A9 should then recognise the change.
if no joy, then email/phone:
Hitec Warranty & Service
Note: Hitec USA only services North/South America and Canada. (- Closed Weekends)
• If you are from a country that is outside North and South America, please contact the
Hitec distributor in your country for service.

Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links

#3 E.N. Jul 22, 2012 12:18 AM

Thanks, but I have already tried that. It seems to me that the 2.4 module is not talking to the A9 or that the A9 can't hear it. Is there a way to hard reset the module?

Thanks,
Ian :cool:

#4 filstu Dec 11, 2012 01:36 PM

similar issue.

Hi i have the same problem with my A9. did you manage to sort it? how did you reset the TX? cheers:censored: